• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Just by looking at the radar Durham and Chapel Hill has got more than that already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking some of that may be bright banding. I've seen reports of both heavy snow and mix. But, yeah, they look to pick up some decent accums over there, if things stay mostly snow.

Light snow here, looks like it might be mixed with ice. My office is supposed to open at noon, so hoping it gets heavier and they decide to close.

I'm assuming this is rate driven, if rates calm down, you are doomed and will likely stick with sleet and zr/rain

If this verifies somebody is going to be understandably unbearable..... we won't mention any names
snku_acc.us_ma.png

If this verifies somebody is going to be understandably unbearable..... we won't mention any names
snku_acc.us_ma.png
There are an awful lot of sleet reports. I don't know if that's going to work out. We have sleet with a few flakes in Raleigh right now.

There are an awful lot of sleet reports. I don't know if that's going to work out. We have sleet with a few flakes in Raleigh right now.
I figured it was accurate because it shows a goose egg over Shane's house, with accums to his north and south

Looks like sleet is mixing in everywhere now. Where is the warm nose coming from? ULLs are supposed to be cold. Don't they know that?

925s and surface temps are trash.
Looking at radar you would think there is very heavy snow near Durham. Lots of yellows and oranges on radar !
Most of the time that's sleet showing up on radar. Very rarely does snow show itself as yellows, oranges, or reds on radar.

Back