• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

namconus_asnow_seus_29.png
Looks like a dusting to an inch per this run. Better than nothing.

Most of that is zr for our area. I still think it'll be a cold rain. I'm guessing temps will hang right around 32 or 33 degrees so low impact. Of course I hope I'm wrong.
Ok but I would still trust the Euro at this range more than the NAM, although suspect reality will be somewhere beteeen the two. So many little things in our neck of the woods that will affect accumulation, one of the big ones is just how much early or heavy the initial snow thump will be. Models rarely get this right.

Looks like a dusting to an inch per this run. Better than nothing.
I see about 3" for the majority of Forsyth from that map, but even so; almost completely doubt any snow will fall here, nor sleet for that matter. Only thing we would get out of this is zr. That's my thinking anyway. We'll be too far S/W so our depth of cold air will be extremely shallow. I still think the wedge is being underestimated, however; happens quite often. 32F line will likely eclipse Forsyth completely and end up somewhere in Cherokee-N Fulton-Central Gwinnett. That's usually the zone where it stops.

Back