• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

zr_acc.us_ma.png

snku_acc.us_ma.png

NAM even has so.e backside action, not concerned with moisture amounts at moment as long as has it will figure that c
Out closer to window

Attachments

• namconus_ref_frzn_eus_51.png
    namconus_ref_frzn_eus_51.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 37
Wow this is a weenie run. 42" of snow in the Northern NC Mountains. 12"' of sleet from SW mountains through Charlotte to Gboro, and 1-3" of ice from GA through Charlotte through Raleigh. NC Destroyed by all possible precip types

Has to be overdone though, because it's showing a widespread 3-6" of QPFView attachment 8733 View attachment 8734 View attachment 8735
Yeah, we should hope it is colder and more snow or less precip here, because that much ice and snow mixed is dangerous.

That Tidbits map for the NAM run does not make sense. Mr. Warm Nose presents itself by 15z for RDU. I doubt the NAM is wrong about the warm nose but the front end thump could produce an inch or two.

Wow, NAM is doubling down, globals are being consistent for a big storm, too. The potential is there for this to be an incredible storm
Most of that is zr for our area. I still think it'll be a cold rain. I'm guessing temps will hang right around 32 or 33 degrees so low impact. Of course I hope I'm wrong.

I haven't experienced an ice storm in a while so I don't know, but does anyone have experience with how those ice maps usually turn out? Are they usually too high like snow maps or are they pretty accurate?

Most of that is zr for our area. I still think it'll be a cold rain. I'm guessing temps will hang right around 32 or 33 degrees so low impact. Of course I hope I'm wrong.

I think we could end up with a mix of everything...snow, sleet, freezing rain. I don't think we will know how much of each until it happens. But the models are all showing something big regardless.

Ice potential across the Athens area has decrease from the 18z. Was at .50 now at .01. Def a slight jog to the north. But at this point, we are splitting hairs IMHO.

Back