• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

With this much fgen at 6z the idea of a virga storm to me is bs
96a414f0c9ae500a8c8478bf01a0bc0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's a deep layer of dry air though. 2.5km of it that needs to be moistened before precip can reach the ground. Plus note the dry NE'erly flow associated with the CAD. The HP is still pumping in dry air2018120612_NAM_066_35.81,-78.87_severe_ml.png

Even though the precip output says otherwise, the end of the 3km NAM run verbatim is a wet snow sounding for Charlotte with a deep isothermal layer extending up to 800 hPa and surface temps barely above freezing. As soon as warm air advection kicks in aloft, this would go over to sleet here.

View attachment 8627
Just wait for that 15mb thick above freezing layer at 825mb to have you go to sleet right away ;)

Crazy dry nose developing on the nam at 850. It then develops a sharp 850mb front near the SC /Ga border. This means moisture inflow is stopped and we are relying on moistening from h7 down to generate precip.
8fac08e44850455193f2a57465d90bb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You beat me to it lol

Would that green in upstate. Be snow on gfs. I know how the TT sometimes doesn’t show it

So far a nice chilly rain for GA. Not sure if the ULL will deliver. But by all means subtract the ice and give us at least a flizzard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back