• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

If the front end thump snowfall is intense enough it may not take very long to pick up a few inches of snow before the possible changeover to rain or mixed precip. In February 2014, it only took about five hours of snow to give us a solid five inches before the changeover to sleet and freezing rain that evening. Temperatures will be warmer this time, which would likely slow accumulations a bit, but I do think the snow could be heavy enough to give us at least an inch or so.

The one noticeable trend in the NAM lately is the 12km version at the surface is completely changing the orientation of the overrunning event and cold high to the north, and the protrusion of precipitation extending north into the central plains is virtually gone from earlier runs.
View attachment 8620
And no snow into the Carolinas early and high 2-3 mb weaker

Dang, it's done shifted North out the Midlands.. NAM sucked me in a bit there..

81 is a Roxboro to Boone pound fest. Everyone else changes to IP. There’s your warm nose

Is it just me or does the nam not get stuff started in upstate until 6 or 7 am. Then a icy/snowy mix till late evening

Back