• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

It was more of a major ZR & Sleet storm. I believe it ended as some light snow.
In my yard, we had so much sleet, it looked like it had snowed though. It was absolutely ridiculous. Probably over 2 inches or so.
Start as a little snow, sleeted for like 10 hours, then went to light ZR, then light snow coated everything. Was an awesome storm. Sleet sucks, but it's pretty fun to slide around in. I had my skimboard out there sliding around like I was at the beach

Wake county is gonna be riding a roller coaster. It could literally do anything at this point and it will be that way the duration of this event. Snow totals look good "at this point" but there will be sleet and freezing rain. Don't see the typical flop at this point but we will see where the day goes

SE winter weather build-ups always sucks always so close most of the time just short... especially such a large storm and potential temps just 3-6 degrees to warm for most

New 6Z EPS meteogram for KINT
KINT_2018120600_eps_snow_240.png

Looks like the normal heart breaker here. I'd expect nothing more than cold rain from the north west part of Wake County all the way to the coast. Should start to see that NW trend soon.

Looks like the normal heart breaker here. I'd expect nothing more than cold rain from the north west part of Wake County all the way to the coast. Should start to see that NW trend soon.
WRAL still seems confident we can get an inch out of this, but more often than not, that NW trend takes shape in some form.

Based on what?

Surprised to see GSP front end rain and then just ice.
View attachment 8613
Don’t be! Bet dollars to donuts, we will be in the 40s when precip starts Saturday, then get below freezing about an hour or 2 , before the heavy precip exits

6Z GEFS, very good agreement but EPS more likely. Also have to reduce the snow because of sleet likely mixing in
KINT_2018120606_gefs_snow_384.png

Back