• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Here's a couple of frames from the 00z RPM. Attached is the onset of precip and a frame from when precip is heaviest ( last frame).

48051671_2332169946811141_858010470034964480_n.png

47395341_374154930002871_7473928769388937216_n.png
I think it was Jan 10/11, a widespread, colder storm was working in from GA and had the “ finger” of precip arrive way ahead of the storm and pummeled Augusta, looks similar, but more N obviously on the RPM

I don’t see a time stamp? What time is the top image? Thanks

I think it was Jan 10/11, a widespread, colder storm was working in from GA and had the “ finger” of precip arrive way ahead of the storm and pummeled Augusta, looks similar, but more N obviously on the RPM
Yep it arrived early and the TV Mets had to scramble early. Luckily it was a Sunday so not too many people on roads. It got here like 2-3 hours than projected

So, the 00z NAM and the RPM are showing Wintry weather pretty deep into the ATL and Midlands of SC areas.

Reminder, the RPM is basically the WRF that WSI has customized extensively.
You'll be able to see the WRF-ARW and WRF-NMM out to 48 hours on Tropical Tidbits (or other sources).

I must say, Atlanta's forte is NOT it's tv meteorologists and their forecasting ability. Seems they show the model that has least impacts with each event. This has caused issues more than once!
You are so right. We really need some of the people in here to take their place. Its so embarrassing that such a huge metro cant find better meteorologists.

Back