• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Well, I don't know what's wrong with the 0z GFS op. But, it's simulated radar is doing better, and it's probably more accurate.
a0fe3427cd6d75f208b5d38f5da7438e.gif

People were saying earlier to be careful using this, because it's soundings are wrong.

The problem I'm picking up is the GFS likely just isn't seeing the CAD well. The NAM might be too wild but I'm seeing enough in the short range models to say the GFS probably isn't doing well on CAD again.

People were saying earlier to be careful using this, because it's soundings are wrong.

The problem I'm picking up is the GFS likely just isn't seeing the CAD well. The NAM might be too wild but I'm seeing enough in the short range models to say the GFS probably isn't doing well on CAD again.

That map lines up perfect with the gfs soundings from what I’ve seen

I love it when Brad Travis says ground temps are too warm right now for significant accumulation Sunday Night and Monday.
Kinda funny past 2 nights we have lows at 24 degrees and highs of about 38. Hilarious.
Lol not that argument. We are going bitter across the SE tonight and that'll freeze the ground.

Yeah, I'm not so sure, the start of it looks like the NAM with the placement of frozen precip.

Memphis had upped their wording in their evening discussion. I'm sure it is mainly for our northern most counties

Back