• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Gfs was a little weaker and slower with the building in of the wedge on the southern and eastern zones are more rain. As a whole though this run isn't that much different than 18z

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm liking this idea of the low staying further out rather than tucked in by ILM. Very Ukmet like

Lol, CMC has the low even further south than gfs. To me throw the globles out the window at this range. Short range models are coming soon.

Just posted on the other board about sampling...it does not make a difference and there is research to prove it.

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10.1175/MWR-D-12-00309.1

"Forecast impacts were generally neutral and thus smaller than reported in previous studies, most from over a decade ago, perhaps because of the improved forecast and assimilation system and the somewhat denser observation network."

CJ must not have seen the new model runs! Saying S of 85 and NEGa, will be mostly rain, maybe a little snow on back end! Drugs are bad!

I think the forecast high temperatures for central NC on Sunday are too high. I don't see it reaching 40 degrees unless it is a total bust. 34-36 seems much more reasonable

Back