• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Agree with your first quote.

Re: your latter quote.... Isn't this timeframe considered to be the NAM's wheelhouse?

Yes once we get in the range of the NAM we can have a better idea of the CAD setup. What I was pointing out is that while the NAM is more reliable from a temp standpoint, it overestimates moisture. Another poster corrected and said that the NAM received an upgrade to correct this bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS is warmer btw. I dont think it has a clue how with the CAD, and also my wishcasting self will punt it.
It's out the door for me in terms if temps. It quite honestly sucks and is why it's being replaced. Rooting for the FV3 to verify so it can kill the GFS with honor and be a good model replacing a garbage one.

For some reason the GFS had 3 highs and after hour 60 the HP that would be in good position to pump in CAD disappears on this run. Doesn't just dissipate, disappears.

The LP does seem a "tick" north though.

Gfs is so much warmer vs the NAM
95f1df99bfb612bd901daa68bb66a356.png
def70486071bbcf31a5851dbbfca6c7b.png

#deadtome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gfs was a little weaker and slower with the building in of the wedge on the southern and eastern zones are more rain. As a whole though this run isn't that much different than 18z

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, the GFS doesn't handle CAD well, but we need to get closer with the NAM.

Nonetheless, there's enough signal that I'd be worried about ice from the NE ATL suburbs and up in Georgia.

(btw: This is still a good run for NC)

Back