• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

model.php
ZR from 00z NAM

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 102
Holy Shinto. Nam brings both Carolinas to its knees with a less than favorable run! Sound the alarm. That 1041 up top was sexy. Just took a little longer for DP’s to crash compared to 18z. Nice result though

Is the stuff up near the Dakota is what we’re supposed to be looking at in regards to the trailing energy? If so this is what it looks like.

nam_z500_vort_us_29.png

To hell with that, the lead energy is closed off near Memphis . That’s a great sign for Arkansas Tennessee and extreme northern miss and Alabama like near the northern boarders
02810aafda8567887c39a4b72af527d5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen this enough times to know not to get sucked in by the NAM. Columbia friends, I suggest you don’t get your hopes up.

However, could this be more accurate in this case due to the NAM having a better hold on temp profiles whereas in other cases where Columbia has been on the edge the NAM overestimated the extent of precipitation (which won’t be an issue with this storm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back