• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

I see you FV3 lol. Here pivotal's ice accumulations.
Soundings have wintry mix sleet/zr Sunday afternoon/evening then transition to snow Monday.fv3 ice.png fv3-gfs_18_096_46804500_skewt_weathernerds.png fv3-gfs_18_102_46804500_skewt_weathernerds.png

On the "other" board they are saying this is not the correct picture, real one says much much different, 1" in GSP. I don't live down there so I don't know
In regards to the FV3 on weather nerds.. for some reason even down here it starts as snow, goes over the mix, then to sleet, then back to mix, and then goes back to snow to end.

I'm not quite sure what's going on with these snowfall maps etc.. but the soundings really do support at least a mixed bag down here.. which in theory would be much much bigger North of here into the Upstate and NC.

Does anyone have a source for soundings on the FV3 other than Weathernerds?

This one goes out to the 11th, the one gsp has goes out to the 9 if I'm not mistaken, I don't know how they acessed that though

Yeah I live in Pickens County. Close to airport. So hoping for the best either it snows here or Sunday I’ll take my little boys to play in the snow in Hendersonville. But if we can get a few inches I won’t have to leave the house
Im already planning on driving the family up to TR and eating/drinking a couple beers at Willy Taco on the way. It’s a short trip to witness the goods

In regards to the FV3 on weather nerds.. for some reason even down here it starts as snow, goes over the mix, then to sleet, then back to mix, and then goes back to snow to end.

Does anyone have a source for soundings on the FV3 other than Weathernerds?
College dupage does https://weather.cod.edu/forecast/

Back