• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Possible incoming?? Lots of energy here.
Every time I see someone say lots of energy incoming I go to look and everything fades away. If there’s so much energy where the heck is it going?
It tries. But washes out View attachment 127378
Can Someone with more knowledge than me tell me why these keep fading out before they turn into something big?

Every time I see someone say lots of energy incoming I go to look and everything fades away. If there’s so much energy where the heck is it going?

Can Someone with more knowledge than me tell me why these keep fading out before they turn into something big?
Waves get sheared under the vortex exiting the NE. Trough axis stays too far E, no room for amplification, weak vorticity means mediocre to no reflection on the models. They do this every year and every year we get a big NW jump around day 4-5

I know these past days of model runs have been depressing but I’ll tell you what.. I’m getting a bit intrigued by these waves of energy past our 22 storm. You don’t want the models showing u a storm right now you want them showing you the ingredients and ways small adjustments can give you that storm. I’m seeing the ingredients right now and I’m glad I’m not seeing the storm. I would like to see more ensembles jump on board to some snow. But I can easily see waves of flurries for that 25-28 ‘systems’ coming through the south. At this point if I can get flurries at any point Christmas week that is a huge W for me personally really a good Christmas feel there.

Waves get sheared under the vortex exiting the NE. Trough axis stays too far E, no room for amplification, weak vorticity means mediocre to no reflection on the models. They do this every year and every year we get a big NW jump around day 4-5
See the storm on the 23rd as proof of big NW shifts and amplification lol

Cmc once more a totally different setup for the 26th time frame energy wise. That storm on the 23rd needs to be pinned down before we know what's going on with the 26th. However it also brings some nice backside snow showers for the 23rd like the gfs so that'll be watched.

It's no wonder it's trended towards backend snow showers. Ridiculously low 850hPa temps. The DGZ will be very close to the ground.

gem_T850_seus_23.png

That’s why I like to point it out now. Things like that typically uptrend.

Back