• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Euro was just about what a good percentage of us wanted late Christmas day into the 26th. Worried that there will end up being too much shearing of any inbound waves.
That's ways a better scenario to come back from than a monster apps runner. If it's sheared then there's room for improvement for us still

That's ways a better scenario to come back from than a monster apps runner. If it's sheared then there's room for improvement for us still
Agreed. Has all the makings of the big NW jump in the last 96 hours.

I also think if the expectations are some flurries, light snow, snow showers the first system should give many what they are looking for along and west of the apps

Agreed. Has all the makings of the big NW jump in the last 96 hours.

I also think if the expectations are some flurries, light snow, snow showers the first system should give many what they are looking for along and west of the apps

Yep. Not upset with suppression atm, expecting there to be some Nw adjustments like we saw this week

The pattern overall is 100% still there for the Dec 26-27th ish timeframe & it’s even clearer that this is probably our best opportunity thru at least the first few days of Jan. In general, we know the right basic ingredients will be there & the +PNA coming hot on this cold wave’s heels will lock the cold air in place for at least a few days after it peaks. This Dec 22-23 storm should set the table for us decently. The trend towards a Rockies trough late next week (pulling our storm next Thu-Fri to the NW) will actually dump more cold air into the conus (instead of Alaska) & opens the door for snow down to the I-10 corridor & Gulf Coast. I hope we take advantage of this opportunity in front of us.

Any thoughts on the sneaky little system Monday night and Tuesday for parts of Alabama, Georgia, and S. Carolina?

Marginal to be sure, but it sure seems like something to keep an eye on while looking ahead to the arctic front next weekend.

Huntsville NWS calling for 1 to 2 inches north of the Tennessee River, and said wind chill advisory may be issued for the first time in 5 years

You know better than this @Shaggy,, Lets hope on the coin flip..

current Obs..
51/38F
Pressure 29.93 in
Visibility 10 miles
Clouds Partly Cloudy
Dew Point 36 F
Humidity 57 %

Back