• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Personally you’re wrong. This storm will be a middle ground solution between GFS and CMC. You can berate me all you want if I’m wrong.
You could be correct. Working in absolutes in meteorology is not the smart route to take though. This euro run is in the range of possibilities is all I’m saying

I'm by no means an expert on the MJO, but this pattern seems to be largely guided by the influence of jet extension associated with the -EAMT, and the blocking retrogression that has been ongoing since November. Once those influences run their courses, the MJO will likely take on more influence in early January.
West pacific forcing/+AAM/+EAMT= jet extension we’re seeing.

There so much energy rounding the western ridge. I’m not that worried honesty View attachment 127070
I am concerned about the SE Canada vortex. With a stronger cutter, the models want it to exit poleward, rather than NE into the Atlantic. Without the positioning of the 50/50 low, any wave would come down neutrally rather than positively.

I am concerned about the SE Canada vortex. With a stronger cutter, the models want it to exit poleward, rather than NE into the Atlantic. Without the positioning of the 50/50 low, any wave would come down neutrally rather than positively.
7-8 days of adjustments. We have not seen the final product by any stretch.

WAA has done crazier things my friend.
A strong enough system can do a lot of crazy things. If I remember right back in Feb 1989, it was 33 with snow where I am and at the same time Augusta GA was around 26-27 and Columbia was right around 30 with snow. IF that low goes that far north and is strong enough it can indeed be rain into Canada.

I wonder if our blocking will do work to keep it where it needs to be....I'm still waiting for the blocking to help us with something. Perhaps by this time we don't have a true- NAO anymore. 50/50 lows don't seem plentifully modeled.

Can someone post this map but the for the great lakes ohio valley or a bigger version..I’m supposed to travel that way Wednesday and Thursday for the holidays and want to know if it will be good to go or not

Back