• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

We hold the cold back a little with these trends, but damn since we hold it back we inject more cold into it, for ex the CMCE, the airmass is even colder
OldView attachment 127028
New View attachment 127029

This is absolutely true. One underrated thing this subtle change in the pattern does, it taps into even more cold air & gives us an even bigger cold shot down the line, because more arctic air is getting dumped + ingested into the trough over the Rockies instead of getting sucked back into Alaska.

We hold the cold back a little with these trends, but damn since we hold it back we inject more cold into it, for ex the CMCE, the airmass is even colder
OldView attachment 127028
New View attachment 127029
gem_T2m_seus_41.png
I mean it freezes all of florida verbatim but it is the cmc. If the Euro showed this too then that'd be some bitter air.

I just...

I'm really trying with storm two but there just doesnt seem to be much there on the ensembles. Last night, there was a really good QPF run but not really since.
While the signal might not be as strong as last night’s runs, it’s still there… still a good amount of members picking on something. More importantly climo says it’s more likely to happen for us than that first system. Now could it get suppressed? Sure but as others have said don’t get to worried about suppression this far out.

I just...

I'm really trying with storm two but there just doesnt seem to be much there on the ensembles. Last night, there was a really good QPF run but not really since.
yeah i get it. the general outline of the ensembles show the fail point being the energy being a little to suppressed, not tilted enough, which are fixable issues to me and probably why the signal isn't that robust. i will say... i think if the euro ensembles don't perk up a little the second threat will begin to smell a little, nothing crazy, not like fish in a hot car, but enough

Good to be reaffirmed that the GFS is a bad model and not to get swept up in its nonsense that it spits out most of the time. I wish we invested more in our models were vastly becoming the worlds joke in the model community. Almost like trying to use the Korean model to prove a set up is going to happen :/

I think the difficulty we're current having for next week is everything looks northern stream dominate. Even with cold in place, every shortwave has to dig just right, not get suppressed, amp, phase, etc just right. So hard with that. I wish the energy next week came out of the baha in the stj and perhaps it would be a touch easier.

I think that may be the missing ingredient to this favorable period coming up.

There’s a class a cave. I remember when I was being told I was stupid and
Should be blocked for posting the icon runs that had the energy further west, props to the UK/ICON, this look is def injecting more cold, can’t wait to see the front on this euro run move east 9D87B07C-D72D-4954-B666-795F4C356442.png

Back