• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

That was a pretty big change in the gfs across the NE. Hopefully a blip and not a trend. We need it to go the other way for anything to be realistic before Christmas
That piece of the TPV coming out ahead is def key. Keeps us cold out ahead, if we lose it, it opens up room for it to become a cutter

Made some updates to the look and feel of the Ensemble Members Winter Storm Chart, and I included the map & guidelines at the bottom

First chart is from the 12z runs of GEFS / CMCE / EPS

Second chart is solely from the 18z GEFS. The most noticeable difference was an increase in the number of storms for Dec 26-27 on this GEFS run

py7xz9C.png

rn14k0Y.png

IDK. I think I prefer the further west/stronger look.
If it does it to much where there’s less GLs TPV nothings stopping it from becoming an inland runner/cutter. The GFS is a perfect example of that, notice 12z has a nice TPV out ahead, that’s key because it’s the cold source during the storm, without it, we’re working with our prior, marginal airmass

If it does it to much where there’s less GLs TPV nothings stopping it from becoming an inland runner/cutter. The GFS is a perfect example of that, notice 12z has a nice TPV out ahead, that’s key because it’s the cold source during the storm, without it, we’re working with our prior, marginal airmass
This is exactly why I agree with you that the 25th-26th shapes up better for us. While I do think the first system could have some backside snow, simply because of the strength of the airmass coming in from the backside, 2-3 days later there will be a legitimate Arctic airmass in place and blocked

Was the 12z UKMET a cutter? ?

Back