• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

After the initial Arctic boundary storm that drops down mid-late next week, the Euro is plowing the closed low over the Great Lakes / NE up into the blocking Greenland ridge and breaking it down (less +PNA ridge contributes as well) - 1st loop

The GFS has a much better looking evolution where the closed low rolls up under the blocking ridge that retrogrades into Hudson Bay - 2nd loop

This slows things down and you can see how the next wave then starts to dig more sharpely thru the Rockies on the GFS (better) vs. the Plains on the Euro

This is a key piece to watch for with respect to follow-up storm potential which would be loaded with wintry potential if this could hit right given the influx of deep south cold air.

i5xckdJ.gif

6wxCTTb.gif
This is what has me excited, is the follow up. EPS shows it nicely, well honestly every ensemble does

Looks like the 3k Nam nailed the warm front today. Seems to be very good with warm noses.
And it’s always been that way. It seems to be right with projected warm noses more than 80% of the time

After the initial Arctic boundary storm that drops down mid-late next week, the Euro is plowing the closed low over the Great Lakes / NE up into the blocking Greenland ridge and breaking it down (less +PNA ridge contributes as well) - 1st loop

The GFS has a much better looking evolution where the closed low rolls up under the blocking ridge that retrogrades into Hudson Bay - 2nd loop

This slows things down and you can see how the next wave then starts to dig more sharpely thru the Rockies on the GFS (better) vs. the Plains on the Euro

This is a key piece to watch for with respect to follow-up storm potential which would be loaded with wintry potential if this could hit right given the influx of deep south cold air.

i5xckdJ.gif

6wxCTTb.gif
To me, the EURO has a much more likely scenario than the GFS but it IS known to hang energy back in the west too long, so there is some doubt about the end game here as you would expect this far out. The key is going to be the western ridging and how strong it verifies for most of us in the SE but the NE will score bigly either way. If you want snow anywhere outside of the mountains, we need the western heights to strengthen quite a bit

Hey Everybody, just in case you might not know it, if you want quote a post from this thread but respond to it in the Whamby thread (like, how much for Philly?), here's how you do it:

1) Select the +Quote at the bottom
2) Open the desired thread (eg. Whamby)
3) Below the text box, select Insert Quotes
4) Type comments
5) Select Post Reply

This enables you to get an imby question answered (or make whatever comment you want) without it getting deleted or moved.

We'll want to keep this thread as uncluttered as possible, particularly during interesting patterns and storm threats.

Back