• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

I love all the interpretation of the modelling but, in my opinion, it's kind of like giving directions to someone in a place you are not familiar. Oh, the directions sound great but the chances of getting lost are greater for the poor sucker taking those directions.

The pattern modeled is a rarity with this anomalous pattern. I honestly think the precip/amount won't get dialed in until we are just a couple days out or even then. This chance for cold reminds me a lot of 1989 around and just after Christmas. That one happened to be dry and cold not the greatest winter afterwards (Birmingham, AL) This one has the looks of something rare and different.

I am with you guys on this rollercoaster though. Let's reel one in for the ages. It will be fun to track. Hell, it's been already! :D

1671516000-0mdwUtgfPtc.png

EPS looks to be increasing western ridging as well

Curius to know if the Ridge is playing a role in that.
Thats beyond my pay grade lol. The Ridge isn't quite as tall/sharp pointed as the gfs. One is the cause and effect of the other.
Ill be watching the trajectory of that southern stream energy everyrun now. Gfs has painted the picture of what it needs to look like at 500mb.

After the initial Arctic boundary storm that drops down mid-late next week, the Euro is plowing the closed low over the Great Lakes / NE up into the blocking Greenland ridge and breaking it down (less +PNA ridge contributes as well) - 1st loop

The GFS has a much better looking evolution where the closed low rolls up under the blocking ridge that retrogrades into Hudson Bay - 2nd loop

This slows things down and you can see how the next wave then starts to dig more sharpely thru the Rockies on the GFS (better) vs. the Plains on the Euro

This is a key piece to watch for with respect to follow-up storm potential which would be loaded with wintry potential if this could hit right given the influx of deep south cold air.

i5xckdJ.gif

6wxCTTb.gif

Back