• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

GFS

500hv.na.png

Euro
500hv.na.png

Euro

This storm associated with the TPV imho isn’t getting me as being the one, that’s my opinion, I hope it is, and I hope I’m wrong, and I may be wrong because it isn’t far away on the models that don’t have it, but history always tells us big deep cold vortex in place then energy rides the western ridge then we score, that look AFTER is what gets my attention, absolutely classic 8021CFAA-92EC-4BFD-9E7B-4D04D23B3B59.png

Signal is still there, that’s all that matters at this moment
Yeah, this is still a week away. need to stick with the ensembles until at least 96 hours out. Good news it that the GFS ensembles have not waivered. This time frame has been looking good for a week. Now, ..... If the EPS goes the way of the GEFS in bringing down the cold, then we can start looking closer to what may be in store. Right now, I am pretty stoked about the potential right before Christmas.

This storm assisted with the TPV imho isn’t getting me as being the one, I hope it is, and I hope I’m wrong, and I may be wrong because it isn’t far away on the models that don’t have it, but history always tells us big deep cold vortex in place then energy rides the western ridge then we score, that look AFTER is what gets my attention, absolutely classic View attachment 126698
Agree. If we score on the first, we really got lucky on a setup that generally doesn’t work.

On Euro we Need that southern streak of energy zipping out of the northern baja area, not southern. Like someone said earlier. Needs to run across GOM shoreline. This is doable and how we get an earlier bloomer like the GFS.

The trends we need to focus on at this rate is the strength and trend of strength of that ridge out west. We get a taller ridge? More chance to score on the 23rd. Shorter ridge? We miss out on a big first event but set up better for maybe a 25-26 event.
I think we can agree that the Euro has been behind the 8 ball in the west coast ridging department the last few days. So we got that going for us, I guess.

however with a strong upper level trough moving over like that, and as we seen several and several times, light snow showers breaking containment is a somewhat intriguing prospect, typically associated with low DGZs so models don’t see it until short rangers see it. this by itself, is a huge win near Christmas 2E1AE57D-D1F3-4E06-B4BB-DB146247AD7D.png

Back