• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

1672034400-s3DMnIulKzA.png

The mean on this run is going to be top 2 and it's not number 2
Yep, 4" mean has crept into northern part of NC (outside the mountains) and gets better and better.

This is the weenie look @Ollie Williams was aiming for, just need more lower heights in the Atlantic View attachment 126654
We really don't because higher heights allow the wave to tilt positively. The SE Canada vortex moving out with the first wave is perfect IMO. All we need is the ridge over the west coast and in central Canada to trend stronger to allow our wave to dig more.

I'm not sure the GFS has a wheelhouse lol

Big picture, it *appears* we have all that we need to build at least one good SE snowstorm. Now, it's time to just sit back and see if the Grinch shows up and takes our stuff away. If not, then it's just going to be a matter of figuring out where the mix line sets up. Either way, it's a pretty awesome place to be headed into Christmas.

That was an epic, epic run...one to be enjoyed for at least the next 30 minutes lol
Well I'll put it this way I pay a lot more attention under 200 hours. We're definitely in the period where it will start to show hints of what's possible next week that's a better way of putting it.

12z UKMET is going with a massive cutter in the central U.S. I would say don’t shoot the messenger, but, there really is no way that you can shoot me

View attachment 126659

View attachment 126660
I have to ask, can you ever think of a time when a storm has caved to the UKMET? I know it has good verification scores, but I can only think of multiple times where it's been an outlier and the last to cave.

I have to ask, can you ever think of a time when a storm has caved to the UKMET? I know it has good verification scores, but I can only think of multiple times where it's been an outlier and the last to cave.
It's lead the way on some storms but usually had some of model supporting as well. But I have seen it be the last to jump on board certain storms

Back