• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

On a completely diff note, we’re are gonna start putting lots of pressure on the SPV with the jet extension, especially with lower highs over the Aleutian Islands and Bering sea, and as HM mentioned on Twitter, another round of +SCAND/urals High, this is a SPV killing pattern, we’re increasing the chances of some sort of warming event in jan by doing this
Sacrifices must be made for me to get 2 ft of snow on Christmas and 5 straight days of sub freezing temperatures, then oh well. January can kick rocks for all I care, winter would be a success at that point.

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-se-instant_ptype-1671105600-1671732000-1671786000-40.gif

Very pretty pictures but I caution everyone to stay grounded because it IS the GFS. Yes it is fun to dream and think about this but sooner or later we have to wake up. If the Euro even partially agrees, then we may have something but these totals are always way over done
GFS has support from this with it's on ensembles and this time frame has been barking for a few days now on both the EPS and GEFS. I think we have a legit opportunity to track here. Maybe not exactly what the GFS did, but definitely something.

You would be hard pressed to find a better run with that much action around Christmas inside 280hr. It probably doesn’t exist View attachment 126620
Multiple rounds of high pressure in the 1050s and 1040s dropping into the middle of the country. You want big snowstorms in the SE, that's a HUGE ingredient in recipe. What a site to see!

Very pretty pictures but I caution everyone to stay grounded because it IS the GFS. Yes it is fun to dream and think about this but sooner or later we have to wake up. If the Euro even partially agrees, then we may have something but these totals are always way over done
The thing is this has support from ensembles. Yess it's just one run and will change. But where in the wheelhouse now. Like you said get the euro on board and it's game on.

Back