• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Definitely can’t rule out some snowflakes with the arctic front ~Dec 23rd either. Quite a few takers on the eps and gefs
If there was ever a cold front that could do it.

it really reminds me of that front we had that kicked off last January except we start 20 degrees colder.

it really reminds me of that front we had that kicked off last January except we start 20 degrees colder.
I think it will matter on the orientation of the front (direction of surface wind). Seems like if it is NW to SE we can pull in cold faster as the front (with precip) moves through. A west to east flow gets caught up by the higher mountains to our (NC) west.

Its rare but happens, I remember a flash freeze one several years back, forget year, was at least 7 years ago+. These are neat to witness, cause we usually have to wait on the delay for air to get across the mtns.

Ditto on the 38 and rain, Been going on since before sunset yesterday!

Its rare but happens, I remember a flash freeze one several years back, forget year, was at least 7 years ago+. These are neat to witness, cause we usually have to wait on the delay for air to get across the mtns.

Ditto on the 38 and rain, Been going on since before sunset yesterday!
Yeah about 2 Christmases we had a kind of flash freeze. Went into work at 5 pm was 45 degrees and rain changed to snow and temps fell out the bottom. Got home the next morning to 6 inches of snow with a temp of 10... Was wild out.

Yeah got to be some big dogs. My hour 324 mean snowfalls now over 2 inches which is pretty unheard of at that range
You and Met got a shot at something decent 23-24th as I beleive a late coastal is gonna get spun up . That was trend through last night. Aint greatest odds in world, but yalls location may serve you well this one time. Depends on how things trend.

On The 0z Euro Op run, if we closed the gap from the start of the Coastal and Front approach by 12 hours for the 23rd, it would have been something to see on the clown map. That's not hard to do. Of course it can trend other way as well. Speed of the front/Artic Plunge and/or delay the coastal genesis.

Back