• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Well, no matter what happens tonight, I think we can safely say that it has been one of the most satisfying days of model-watching in a long, long time top to bottom. It's what we wait all year for, and it's good to enjoy the moment.

I just loved reading the discussions from GSP that evening as it was approaching. They had started out by forecasting 1-2” for CLT during the afternoon update, but you could tell by mid-evening when they were updating every hour, they knew that was gonna bust big time. It had just started snowing when I went to bed about midnight and then the next thing I remember was getting woke up about 4:30am to a loud clap of thunder and knew even before I looked outside I was gonna like what I saw
That storm just barely got to where I am. We only got around 3 inches, while places just east and north got MUCH more. Lockhart, here in Union county about 20 miles from me had around 10 out of it.

That storm just barely got to where I am. We only got around 3 inches, while places just east and north got MUCH more. Lockhart, here in Union county about 20 miles from me had around 10 out of it.
Yeah even in the CLT metro area the accumulations varied greatly… the airport ended up with about 9 inches while east of town 3-6 was common. Lincoln and Gaston counties were jackpot area with 12-15. Really interesting note on that was that 9” at KCLT only had a liquid equivalent of .19”… an amazing 40:1 ratio

At this point, I’ll take the dry part. We’re pushing almost 9 inches for the month! Our yard is a swamp and I’m tired of drying the dogs off all day
I much rather have cold and dry trust me, rather than warm and wet, I just want a slim chance of just a dusting to whiten the ground but if cold and dry it is, I’m happy.

Recent CPC Analogs have been banging the dates around Dec 10, 1958 quite a bit. There were 2 winter storms just after that date

lxyUok0.gif

Np1oonD.png

c46Xn1g.png

zlmAr5Z.jpg

EG4yh6E.jpg

Back