• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

I’m fairly certain the euro has some bias towards holding energy back .. I don’t think it’s going to completely dump out there like the euro shows. Ensembles ensembles ensembles ..
The bias to hold energy back is something that the Euro has always had. Even here it doesn’t make sense to dump everything in the west… the Pacific trough is still there and strong and should keep the energy from diving down hard like that.

Still with the euro we end here.. blocking strong -AO/-EPO .. we’re going to get cold I’m not worried about a delayed and denied .. if you’re expecting snow in the south then maybe you’re denied but when you live down here you can never expect snow no matter how good bad or ugly the pattern is .. cold though is coming IMO 2DDE7AB3-C9FE-4286-B1F2-7ED6ACEFE3B1.jpeg

1671580800-ZP8eLDcihNw.png
EPS looks good and is sliding east with the TPV

EPS is nowhere near as bad as the euro, but so far is a little worse, cold footprint remains similar however. There’s something interesting tho, the euro-EPS have a stronger -NAO block, is it possible that it’s hurting the eastward movement of the TPV, because it’s retrograding west while the TPV is trying to move east, if I can recall, webb and others mentioned how that played a hurtful role in February 2021c because the block actually contributed to slowing the trough down and hurting the eastward propagation in Feb 2021B7FFD910-5903-44CB-AA9B-AC7D21668D1F.pngEBB3244A-75E6-4820-9E7C-89E48F345F2C.png

That’s the thing with operationals they do the best they can but they are only 1 singular solution based off of one set of current conditions. Ensembles take many slight variations in initial conditions and see how everything plays out then. While they sr whither resolution they are still just like if you would pick one of the ensemble members and decide to show that as the solution.

Todays high is gonna top out at 43
Yes… I’m gonna top out about 48 which is several degrees lower than forecast. My average is still 55 and will drop to 54 next week…I mentioned that because only one day of the next ten is forecasted to be at or above average and that is Thursday, but I have a feeling that wedge is gonna be stubborn. Friday is forecasted to be 54 and then after that I’m in the 40s everyday. I don’t where some folks are saying the pattern change is delayed because it’s here… it’s just taking different stages like the EPS has been showing for a couple weeks

EPS is nowhere near as bad as the euro, but so far is a little worse, cold footprint remains similar however. There’s something interesting tho, the euro-EPS have a stronger -NAO block, is it possible that it’s hurting the eastward movement of the TPV, because it’s retrograding west while the TPV is trying to move east, if I can recall, webb and others mentioned how that played a hurtful role in February 2021c because the block actually contributed to slowing the trough down and hurting the eastward propagation in Feb 2021View attachment 126100View attachment 126101
That would make sense because obviously the NAO block does slow the flow down some. However we still see a strong Aleutian low and Pacific trough that does continue to push everything east… something we didn’t have in February 2021. Maybe this delays the coldest air by 24-48 hours, but it should also allow it to become better entrenched once in place

That would make sense because obviously the NAO block does slow the flow down some. However we still see a strong Aleutian low and Pacific trough that does continue to push everything east… something we didn’t have in February 2021. Maybe this delays the coldest air by 24-48 hours, but it should also allow it to become better entrenched once in place
If anything this would help slide the TPV further southeast because it's being pinched from the north and west

Back