• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Ignore the snow, the GEFS and GFS have improved at H5 from there prior runs View attachment 125862

This is a much better map for a SE winter storm than the mess at 180. The storm near Newfoundland is deepening and will suppress the height field and storm track in the east and allow high pressure to build in. There's just enough blocking to keep it from blasting out immediately. Plus, there should be real cold air to work with. The window should be fairly decently open during that period for a winter storm....unless we go back to table setting mode.

gfs_z500_mslp_namer_40.png

ah, the ole 40:1 ratio powder snow!
No way man, you miss out on all the fun if you do that. Classic Manitoba Mauler storm here on the GFS

rojzNVM.gif
Ah, the ole 40:1 ratio powder snow!

bro i have seen a lot of gfs runs in my day keeping tabs on wilmington and i have never seen that town be in play for three coastals on one single run lmao

edit:
tired: man it would be shame if richmond got creamed while i was visiting my folks in wilmington

wired: i gotta get to wilmington as soon as possible no way im missing this

if there's a 1989 redux i levitate into heaven

Back