• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Just for kicks the Euro control was pretty active. Gulf coast, Atlantic coast, and a big storm further north. 2nd half of December looking like fun times ahead.
26A79EA0-433B-43AF-A30E-2D5A80B7FECF.png
However the EPS as a whole is just crazy cold. 10 day average with practically the whole country solidly below average.AD13E1A7-6909-443D-8726-A032B085D134.png

Just for kicks the Euro control was pretty active. Gulf coast, Atlantic coast, and a big storm further north. 2nd half of December looking like fun times ahead.
View attachment 125732
However the EPS as a whole is just crazy cold. 10 day average with practically the whole country solidly below average.View attachment 125733
Coastal Carolinas (Jan 2018 vibes). I would like to see the precip and temp during this time.

Where PNA go?
gfs_z500_vort_namer_35.png

204Hours? In agreement with the CMC. Yeah, that does get my attention. (note the time stamp on the 500mB chart)
but the CMC doesn’t have support from its ensembles either…. We all loved the 18z run of the GFS last night, but we also know that extreme of a solution is very unlikely. Anything past 5 days right now, attention has to given to ensembles

What I think I know this morning: Will change by 12z lol:

No upslope after table setter storm Thursday, swings front through. Or put it this way, not even close to what I thought would be possible/ was being advertised.
GFS OP is pure garbage/useless. So its up to the ensembles, Euro Op, Ukmet and Canadian op to try and get a clue.

Looks like next Mon/Tues is the 1st legit chance of frozen here. Can and Euro ops want to front end (ice would be best bet. Long way to go on this one as any frozen will be dictated by CAD Northeast HP/confluence etc.

Outside of that Cold/Dry/Suppress may end up being the theme rest of December. Cold will be there, its the moisture and timing some at the right time. But really who knows or what model can pin that down outside of 5 days.

Still feel great about the pattern. Really all you can ask for.

Surprised no one mention this, but the 00z EPS was a pretty nice improvement, improving the tilt of the ridge and having a faster start time of the colder pattern, all the ensembles took trends for the better last night 6730DDAA-E94B-4A1E-8F9E-0B8CCF3E43D7.gif
That pacific trough seems to be our saving grace, in the past they have heavily been associated with +PNA

Back