• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the hell are these guys getting test results back 54 holes into a tournament?? Test them before and have results in before the tournament starts. That should be the end of it. Hopefully Rahm can file a lawsuit and get what’s owed to him.

It was due to contact tracing, not due to pre tournament testing before the round started

I read where early in the week he was in close contact with someone who had Covid. It said he was tested every day this week and all the tests came back negative until today. He had to be asymptomatic to be able to walk the course and shoot the round he did today. If I were him, I would have gone to be tested again to make sure it wasn't a false positive. The winner's share is about $1.7M and he would have to have had a total meltdown tomorrow to lose that. I felt so bad for him.

I wonder if he had received the vaccine?

He didn’t get the vaccine.

Contact tracing protocol is only for people who’s re unvaccinated. If he was vaccinated, he wouldn’t be in the protocol.

Contact tracing protocol is only for people who’s re unvaccinated. If he was vaccinated, he wouldn’t be in the protocol.
I heard he got it Monday after he was made aware of the contract tracing.

That was an expensive decision for him.

Reactions: Jon
Judicial Watch announced that it obtained 280 pages of documents from the HHS revealing that from 2014 to 2019, $826,277 was given to the Wuhan Institute of Virology for bat coronavirus research by the NIAID, which is headed by Dr. Fauci.
Dude should be Clintoned!

In the 2017 study, scientists synthesized the largest reported number of novel chimeric coronaviruses (8) from bat SARS-like viruses. Two of the 8 strains were found to possess the ability to bind to the human ACE2 receptor - just like SARS-CoV-2. Over the past decade, scientists working on Gain of Function projects took a natural coronavirus 'backbone' found in Chinese cave bats and spliced onto it a new 'spike'.

A new study claims that Chinese scientists created COVID-19 in a Wuhan lab, then tried to cover their tracks by reverse-engineering versions of the virus to make it look like it evolved naturally from bats. British Professor Angus Dalgleish and Norwegian scientist Dr. Birger Sørensen, wrote that they have had 'prima facie evidence of retro-engineering in China' for a year - but were ignored by academics and major journals.

In a different study, scientists discovered that Covid-2 contains a segment called CGG-CGG, which is considered rare even in experiments in which researchers are trying to manipulate virus. The combination has never been found in nature. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ves-COVID-deliberately-lab-experts-claim.html

I received a lot of backlash for posting those coronavirus studies in furtherance of the lab-leak and biological engineering theories. A couple of you disliked all my posts. I won't ask for an apology, but I reckon I'm owed one.

In the 2017 study, scientists synthesized the largest reported number of novel chimeric coronaviruses (8) from bat SARS-like viruses. Two of the 8 strains were found to possess the ability to bind to the human ACE2 receptor - just like SARS-CoV-2. Over the past decade, scientists working on Gain of Function projects took a natural coronavirus 'backbone' found in Chinese cave bats and spliced onto it a new 'spike'.

A new study claims that Chinese scientists created COVID-19 in a Wuhan lab, then tried to cover their tracks by reverse-engineering versions of the virus to make it look like it evolved naturally from bats. British Professor Angus Dalgleish and Norwegian scientist Dr. Birger Sørensen, wrote that they have had 'prima facie evidence of retro-engineering in China' for a year - but were ignored by academics and major journals.

In a different study, scientists discovered that Covid-2 contains a segment called CGG-CGG, which is considered rare even in experiments in which researchers are trying to manipulate virus. The combination has never been found in nature. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ves-COVID-deliberately-lab-experts-claim.html

I received a lot of backlash for posting those coronavirus studies in furtherance of the lab-leak and biological engineering theories. A couple of you disliked all my posts. I won't ask for an apology, but I reckon I'm owed one.
There's a lot of resistance to the idea that government leadership and organizations of authority would ever be less than truthful and would ever engage in campaigns to hide anything. Better to escape the grasp of common sense and dislike posts than to believe silly things like that.

Like I said earlier, there's no way we would ever be able to know for sure, unless information was leaked. But the circumstantial evidence has been overwhelming all along.

No. We were told repeatedly that hydroxychloroquine is dangerous and does not work. Never mind the fact that it's been used for many years and is widely available and cheap.

And that’s still true…it deserves no mention in the treatment of hospitalized covid patients.

Sheesh guys. The reason the mortality rate in covid patients is down isn’t due to HCQ and Azithromycin.

The study cited the same cocktail that has been pushed this whole time. It also includes Zinc and has MAJOR flaws. For one it’s a preprint. Secondly, it goes against what all meta-analyses (combining thousands of trials and patients into one analysis) have said. Not only that, but this “recent” study is a retrospective, OBSERVATIONAL, computer analyzed study on a small population of invasive mechanical ventilated patients.

There have been MANY randomized controlled trials of HCQ + AZ +/- Zinc that shows NO BENEFIT. And when I say no benefit, I mean none. In one RCT it didn’t even lower hospitalization stay against placebo.

I’m no covid expert, but I’m am a PharmD. Trust me when I say this and I’ve said it several times, this “news” isn’t news. We’ve been in this discussion since covid started. How is this still a debate? I can’t believe Fox and others are still promoting this treatment. This lead to a drug shortage early on, my Lupus and rheumatoid Arthritis patients went without medicine for months! This isn’t victimless.

If you guys really believe this, we’ll see how that print goes and other author responses to the print. I’m looking forward to reading them.

And that’s still true…it deserves no mention in the treatment of hospitalized covid patients.

Sheesh guys. The reason the mortality rate in covid patients is down isn’t due to HCQ and Azithromycin.

The study cited the same cocktail that has been pushed this whole time. It also includes Zinc and has MAJOR flaws. For one it’s a preprint. Secondly, it goes against what all meta-analyses (combining thousands of trials and patients into one analysis) have said. Not only that, but this “recent” study is a retrospective, OBSERVATIONAL, computer analyzed study on a small population of invasive mechanical ventilated patients.

There have been MANY randomized controlled trials of HCQ + AZ +/- Zinc that shows NO BENEFIT. And when I say no benefit, I mean none. In one RCT it didn’t even lower hospitalization stay against placebo.

I’m no covid expert, but I’m am a PharmD. Trust me when I say this and I’ve said it several times, this “news” isn’t news. We’ve been in this discussion since covid started. How is this still a debate? I can’t believe Fox and others are still promoting this treatment. This lead to a drug shortage early on, my Lupus and rheumatoid Arthritis patients went without medicine for months! This isn’t victimless.

If you guys really believe this, we’ll see how that print goes and other author responses to the print. I’m looking forward to reading them.
"Sheesh guys. The reason the mortality rate in covid patients is down isn’t due to HCQ and Azithromycin."
I don't think anyone is say that the main contributor of the fall of covid deaths is due to this drug cocktail . The point is the attempts of halting of the use of them, due to their misleading of the public for political opertunity . They painted thia as a dangerous drug with zero benefits. You have stated that, you have given out HCQ to your customers for awhile for other reasons. Did you ever think that you was doing them harm? Probably not, I would think.
But , If these findings are found to be true, then many people died due to fraud. These people should be made an example of with public hearings and very long jail terms, topped with hefty fines to prevent this again.

"Sheesh guys. The reason the mortality rate in covid patients is down isn’t due to HCQ and Azithromycin."
I don't think anyone is say that the main contributor of the fall of covid deaths is due to this drug cocktail . The point is the attempts of halting of the use of them, due to their misleading of the public for political opertunity . They painted thia as a dangerous drug with zero benefits. You have stated that, you have given out HCQ to your customers for awhile for other reasons. Did you ever think that you was doing them harm? Probably not, I would think.
But , If these findings are found to be true, then many people died due to fraud. These people should be made an example of with public hearings and very long jail terms, topped with hefty fines to prevent this again.
Dr. Fraud needs to be 1st in line.

My friend who has done clinical trials for the last 4 years has done NUMEROUS covid trials. She has done HCQ, Remidisvir, a cancer drug so new it had no name and azithromycin and none had entirely positive definitive conclusions. Some had mixed results and some had ZERO benefits.

Ok. I don’t think the HCQ doubts were political so this is the divide we are seeing and continue to see a year later. That’s the difference here in these posts. I have science, I’d ask people who argue for HCQ use, what they have? It could have helped more? People forget we did use and tried to use HCQ. It failed. Who is “they”??? “They painted this as a dangerous drug” who are you talking about? The medical community at large? Experts in their fields?

The HCQ i “give out” to my patients is FDA approved for those treatments because years of clinical trials show clear benefit. It’s evidence based treatment that works.

HCQ became political once the president pushed for it without clear evidence it helped outcomes. Everyone wanted a cure at that time, we were in the middle of something we had no understanding of and all hospital protocols were throwing the kitchen sink at people to save their life. We were so scared and desperate, but we have come a long way since then. Hospitals all over the world tried HCQ+AZ+/-Zinc, our own government stockpiled millions upon millions of doses that went to waste! It didn’t work. It doesn’t work. If it did, early on, it would be adopted as the sole treatment by areas that aren’t political…but all we saw were very poor countries using it because they don’t have the resources we do — that’s not proof of use, thats desperation.

Look, I believe withholding treatment of a life saving therapy due to political reasons deserves jail time, but haven’t seen evidence of that…and a pre-print of a retrospective observational study of 200 people isn’t that.

Ok. I don’t think the HCQ doubts were political so this is the divide we are seeing and continue to see a year later. That’s the difference here in these posts. I have science, I’d ask people who argue for HCQ use, what they have? It could have helped more? People forget we did use and tried to use HCQ. It failed. Who is “they”??? “They painted this as a dangerous drug” who are you talking about? The medical community at large? Experts in their fields?

The HCQ i “give out” to my patients is FDA approved for those treatments because years of clinical trials show clear benefit. It’s evidence based treatment that works.

HCQ became political once the president pushed for it without clear evidence it helped outcomes. Everyone wanted a cure at that time, we were in the middle of something we had no understanding of and all hospital protocols were throwing the kitchen sink at people to save their life. We were so scared and desperate, but we have come a long way since then. Hospitals all over the world tried HCQ+AZ+/-Zinc, our own government stockpiled millions upon millions of doses that went to waste! It didn’t work. It doesn’t work. If it did, early on, it would be adopted as the sole treatment by areas that aren’t political…but all we saw were very poor countries using it because they don’t have the resources we do — that’s not proof of use, thats desperation.

Look, I believe withholding treatment of a life saving therapy due to political reasons deserves jail time, but haven’t seen evidence of that…and a pre-print of a retrospective observational study of 200 people isn’t that.

Well here is one.

What is your opinion on this.....

I thought this tweet and study from over a year ago, was already debunked.

It was. Eric “b117 variant superspread apocalypse” Topol quickly posted the extremely bad study that was published by The Lancet and quickly pushed by national media(with Trump front and center) and stopped clinical trials. Topol links several in his thread.

Just a little example of the “who” who pushed the dangerous part.

What is your opinion on this.....

Looking through the Website, it’s a attempt at a meta analysis of RCTs and observational trials that are largely flawed (probably 99% of them are flawed lol). The website is not fair in their critique (literature analysis) of positive trials versus negative trials. You can see this in their summaries. Usefully when you evaluate medical literature, even trials that show positive results should be criticized, because even good results can be flawed (obviously, right? It could be either intentional or unintentional). That website, hcqmeta, it’s obviously biased…but an interesting and impressive assimilation of data, I just wish it wasn’t bias toward HCQ treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back