• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More people now refuse to wear one and are making an outrage over it and aren't distancing than back in April and May when we made progress. It all went out the door when people stopped distancing and taking the best preventive measures they could to not spread it from hotspots. It became political as well. Health and science shouldn't be partisan but some made it that way.
Wayyyyyyyy more people are wearing mask now then back then. All you have to do is go outside and look around. Very little people were wearing mask back in April lol

Wayyyyyyyy more people are wearing mask now then back then. All you have to do is go outside and look around. Very little people were wearing mask back in April lol
What I mean is there's more people making wearing a mask a bigger deal than it is. There's quite a few reluctant people as well. However something else is the distancing. People fail to do this even more because they just want to get back to normal as fast as possible. It defeats half the purpose. Sure usage might have gone up some but distancing has declined massively.

What I mean is there's more people making wearing a mask a bigger deal than it is. There's quite a few reluctant people as well. However something else is the distancing. People fail to do this even more because they just want to get back to normal as fast as possible. It defeats half the purpose. Sure usage might have gone up some but distancing has declined massively.
Its hard to distance when you go to Wal-Mart and the aisles are jam packed with people !

Before Covid, it was illegal in many areas in the United States to wear a face mask into stores, banks, gas station, etc. Since the mask mandate, these areas lifted that law for the time being. I want to say Raleigh has as well.

Where is the outrage that people aren’t allowed to wear a mask when this is over? Isn’t that a American right?!?!?! When this is over, I want to see the same energy by anti-mask people protesting their right to wear a face covering in businesses. Tell them you’re not going to be told by law what to wear or not wear on your face! It was so easy to give up your freedom to do so before Covid, don’t stop when it’s over!
To be somewhat fair... the true anti-maskers are still not wearing a mask much if any at all. I know a few. So they probably won't pick that battle when mandates end. JMHO

Correct. I was trying not to go there because the lack of the mask doesn't prove anything in and of itself (anymore than the fact that the Marlins were wearing masks in the dugout and still caught the virus).
Man you guys are good! Y’all should be contact tracers! Did you get those goggles ordered?

If I happen to contract Covid again and die I just want everyone to know I knew the risks involved in continuing to live my life unafraid. I’ve already had Covid. My dad had Covid. My step mom had Covid. We know the risks. We aren’t scared. Someone dies of cardiovascular disease every 37 seconds in the US yet the Burger King drive thru was wrapped around the building when I went for lunch earlier. And man was that double whopper good!

If I happen to contract Covid again and die I just want everyone to know I knew the risks involved in continuing to live my life unafraid. I’ve already had Covid. My dad had Covid. My step mom had Covid. We know the risks. We aren’t scared. Someone dies of cardiovascular disease every 37 seconds in the US yet the Burger King drive thru was wrapped around the building when I went for lunch earlier. And man was that double whopper good!
Those nuggets are solid

Looks like most schools are now shutting down. Watauga closed additional 9 weeks no questions asked. Remote only. More to come.

Question not trying to make it political if in it is and not trying to disrespect John Lewis at all. At the funeral today from photographs I saw the people had on mask but they didn’t seem to have much social distancing going on in the church and from what I’ve read it’s not just mask that slow the spread but social distancing and mask combined. So wouldn’t this mean that they were violating some of their own rules their advocating for? Ik churches that have stricter guidelines in place than what was going on at the funeral today. As I said before no disrespect to John Lewis he was a great man.

Question not trying to make it political if in it is and not trying to disrespect John Lewis at all. At the funeral today from photographs I saw the people had on mask but they didn’t seem to have much social distancing going on in the church and from what I’ve read it’s not just mask that slow the spread but social distancing and mask combined. So wouldn’t this mean that they were violating some of their own rules their advocating for? Ik churches that have stricter guidelines in place than what was going on at the funeral today. As I said before no disrespect to John Lewis he was a great man.
The honest to god truth is, no one really knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back