• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing what happens when we're patient and take extra time to reopen everything once case numbers go down to extremely low levels like the European Union, it's almost like you can fully reopen the economy or something (at least for a little while)?! Instead, the US (esp republican states) decided to reopen prematurely and it's costing us dearly

Another study concerning T cells and Covid. Good news for those asymptomatic.

Importantly, SARS-CoV-2-specific T cells were detectable in antibody-seronegative family members and individuals with a history of asymptomatic or mild COVID-19. Our collective dataset shows that SARS-CoV-2 elicits robust memory T cell responses akin to those observed in the context of successful vaccines, suggesting that natural exposure or infection may prevent recurrent episodes of severe COVID-19 also in seronegative individuals.

Reading this thread I kind of get the gist that this outbreak may ------ CV threats from other new strains for a while. Is this the right mindset? And does the rapidly falling antibodies pretty much end the idea of a vaccine in the sense we have traditionally learned? #Jon

Edit: Another interesting part of that thread. Gives credence the idea that the deadly phase to this will phase out and we will deal with the cold form the rest of our lives....

Last edited:
Reading this thread I kind of get the gist that this outbreak may ------ CV threats from other new strains for a while. Is this the right mindset? And does the rapidly falling antibodies pretty much end the idea of a vaccine in the sense we have traditionally learned? #Jon

Edit: Another interesting part of that thread. Gives credence the idea that the deadly phase to this will phase out and we will deal with the cold form the rest of our lives....

This is undeniably promising news.

Kemp should close the bars back down and maybe mandate masks indoors (threatening the possibility of no football could do very well though and that's what he did today...). I'm contradicting myself on the latter (and if it were to happen we'd really need to see about getting a 3rd washable mask for our household), but with the former, you can see how that'd be a problem, and honestly, how many of us in here would miss bars anyway?

I wouldn't do anything else though for now.

Kemp should close the bars back down and maybe mandate masks indoors (threatening the possibility of no football could do very well though and that's what he did today...). I'm contradicting myself on the latter (and if it were to happen we'd really need to see about getting a 3rd washable mask for our household), but with the former, you can see how that'd be a problem, and honestly, how many of us in here would miss bars anyway?

I wouldn't do anything else though for now.
I miss bars, haha. But my wallet doesn’t.

My dad is on day 3 and is experiencing some fatigue. He went outside and walked around this morning. He says he feels better. He told me that morning’s have been the worst part of the day for him.
I'm NOT a morning person, I'm afraid I wouldn't know the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back