• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except food supplies aren't scarce nor will they be anytime soon, I work for a grocery store so I know first hand basically every day what our supplies look like. Trucks are still coming in as they normally do, a few things are low but it's far from crazy.
What's the trick to getting chicken? The entire poultry section is always empty.

Me, my wife, and my son are quarantined for ten days. We both had persistent coughs but no fever. Today my wife developed a fever. She went to urgent care. Negative strep and negative flu. She can’t get a covid test. She’s young and doesn’t have severe symptoms. GA is sparingly using their tests only for those with severe symptoms is what we were told. She sounds horrible. Doc said her lungs were not too bad but I’m worried. She’s sleeping next to me and I can hear her wheezing. This sucks.... I’ve got the headache and cough but haven’t had a fever yet. View attachment 37856

I hope she improves. Keeping your family in my thoughts. That’s ridiculous that they won’t test her. Wheezes are a severe symptom. Wheezes come because the alveoli have become smaller due to inflammation and producing extra mucous. From there without adequate air exchange the mucous production gets worse and pneumonia develops.

You need the zpack with it and i think one other drug. Thats how it works best. Should be available.chloroquine, zpack definitely. Hydrochloroquine is newer

We don’t use chloroquine anymore so that’s not something that’s available in retail pharmacies.

Zpak is plenty.

Hydroxychloroquine is out of stock most places. Even though it’s newer, Hydroxychloroquine has been around for decades. Probably since the 1960s.

Give her no drugs and ship her to China. I will pay for her ticket. I take comfort she’s in pain.

Dude, that’s a real ------ thing to say. How would you like it if someone said that about a member of your family? Nice Christian attitude you’re showing there.

Good trends continue for Italy, as the number of new cases/death have leveled off and or are beginning to decline. How far behind are, two weeks maybe?

9703600.jpg

Except food supplies aren't scarce nor will they be anytime soon, I work for a grocery store so I know first hand basically every day what our supplies look like. Trucks are still coming in as they normally do, a few things are low but it's far from crazy.
I guess your area is different than mine. No meat for as far as the eye can see. Except for pork shoulder or turkey back...

Guess I'm learning to cook a whole pork shoulder for 2.

I just spoke to two buddies that are police man. One in LA other in Oakland. Both said they have been getting extra ammo because things out there are coming unhinged. Crimes such as robberies and assaults and home invasions. People looking for food and money. Things to barter with. This will only continue to increase. So we have 68k and little over 1k deaths. Yes sad no doubt but don’t see us hitting the number of deaths that were projected. Maybe the Cocktail works and is helping. If it does then after next week I say fire it up and let the cards fall where they may. Enough letting inmates out and not arresting. I know 3 people personally that had it and it was a severe flu but all survived and 2 we’re smokers.
So if this is what you propose, who do you offer up to die from your town/city? Might as well name them.

Give her no drugs and ship her to China. I will pay for her ticket. I take comfort she’s in pain.
C'mon man, don't stoop to anyone else's level. She's done some detestable things but doesn't justify wishing her death, this isn't cool or morally right. And before anyone likes this post or continues to pile on to his remarks, just remember, there were a good number of you applauding the fact that Rush has cancer.

All I'm saying is we all would benefit from some self evaluation before we start picking other's apart.

This was sent to all the pharmacists in the state restricting its use to certain diagnoses. So without appropriate diagnoses on the Rx, pharmacists can’t fill it.

The short answer is yes, but in my personal opinion there’s already a Hydroxychloroquine shortage. It’s sold out everywhere right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jon
This is not good news.
Most of the non profits, self employed and 1099ers do not qualify for unemployment, they need the checks.

Not my place, but maybe someone needs a time out.

In other news, I spoke with a friend last night who is a police officer in a large Triad city. He confirmed that the statewide shelter in place was coming down soon, FWIW.

In other news, I spoke with a friend last night who is a police officer in a large Triad city. He confirmed that the statewide shelter in place was coming down soon, FWIW.
If it’s not your place then please don’t speak on the matter. It’s just stirring things up and getting the thread off topic.

Good trends continue for Italy, as the number of new cases/death have leveled off and or are beginning to decline. How far behind are, two weeks maybe?

9703600.jpg
We are way behind them. This only is beginning to level off, even though the daily number is still ridiculously high, because they’ve locked the country down for weeks. We are going to get much much worse before it gets better. No lockdown for at least 2-3 weeks means cases will likely double or triple every couple days.

Speaking of drugs, someone needs to give you a Xanax or a joint or something. Chill

Yeah this is really getting to him. None of us driving we are all just along for the ride through all this. As a middle aged individual I learned early on to worry about the things you can change and not about the things you cant. Mathew70 could use a good lesson on that.

We will be ok if we keep our heads.

We don’t use chloroquine anymore so that’s not something that’s available in retail pharmacies.

Zpak is plenty.

Hydroxychloroquine is out of stock most places. Even though it’s newer, Hydroxychloroquine has been around for decades. Probably since the 1960s.
I wonder if any docs are treating with high dose Vitamin C. When I got that bad bird flu in Afghanistan back in 2010, that how they treated me and it worked wonders

You're correct, it's not lol.... and I don't believe timeouts were issued when those were happy about Rush Limbaugh's diagnosis. To be honest with the way things have gone in here lately I can think of a half dozen or more that could've been given a timeout but we try to address it and let individuals continue to post. It's difficult and unique times, emotions are high and patience thin, everyone needs to take a deep breath and maybe back away, regroup/reset and try again.

What's the trick to getting chicken? The entire poultry section is always empty.
Buy pork. There is an over abundance of it, at least begining of March from some stuff I read.
Get ya some baby back ribs and sweet baby rays sauce. Rub them ribs with dry rub heavily,[ mccormick and webbers makes a good combo] wrap in tinfoil, smoke for 2 hrs or put in oven on about 290. Take out of foil throw on grill, slap on the sweet baby rays about 4 to 5 mins each side.

I guess your area is different than mine. No meat for as far as the eye can see. Except for pork shoulder or turkey back...

Guess I'm learning to cook a whole pork shoulder for 2.
I've been looking for a butt for days now, most stores around here are cutting them up into smaller pieces .
Put your shoulder in a Dutch oven , add some water and seasoning, set temperature at 210-225 and cook 6 to 8 hrs in the oven. It will fall apart and you can bag portions up and freeze. You can put it in the oven and just about forget about it till it's done.

You're correct, it's not lol.... and I don't believe timeouts were issued when those were happy about Rush Limbaugh's diagnosis. To be honest with the way things have gone in here lately I can think of a half dozen or more that could've been given a timeout but we try to address it and let individuals continue to post. It's difficult and unique times, emotions are high and patience thin, everyone needs to take a deep breath and maybe back away, regroup/reset and try again.
Just to add to this.... we even considered locking this and the political thread because it was becoming too personal and uninformative. Hopefully it will not come to this.

I have a pork shoulder I’m putting in the smoker this weekend. Probably a rack of ribs as well. Might as well do that.

I wish I could find chicken and ground beef. I’ve resorted to taking ribeyes and delmonicos and grinding them up to make ground beef. Those are too damn expensive to be grinding for hamburger meat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back