• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were we at in December? Wasn't it hitting 500k some days?
The 7-day average peaked around 250k around New Year’s and the highest one day total was close to 325k. Needless to say, we’ve come a long way since then. Hospitalizations are collapsing, as well! And deaths are starting to drop pretty sharply, too!

3131DCD3-137E-431D-A5EF-C5EA7190D1D6.jpeg

The 7-day average peaked around 250k around New Year’s and the highest one day total was close to 325k. Needless to say, we’ve come a long way since then. Hospitalizations are collapsing, as well! And deaths are starting to drop pretty sharply, too!

View attachment 74375

The collapse in hospitalizations in AL are jaw dropping.

Jon,
Since we’ve had Covid, don’t we already have protection that is even greater than from a vaccine for quite awhile? Isn’t actually getting the infection like an extra strong vaccine? If so, why should we be in a hurry to get the shots?
For the record, they did tell us not to get vaccinated til the 90 day point from when we got sick.
I’m a bit confused and actually have nothing against vaccines as we were looking into getting the shots ASAP right before we got sick.

By the way, I can now say that my brother officially had it based on just getting tested for antibodies. We figured there was a very high chance since I definitely had it. We’ve both pretty much 100% recovered now. I did a full exercise walk at regular speed the last 2 evenings. The one thing though is that I don’t know that I have my full sense of smell back yet. I’be certainly regained some though.
Ive heard vaccine have a better immune response than natural infection.

Jon,
Since we’ve had Covid, don’t we already have protection that is even greater than from a vaccine for quite awhile? Isn’t actually getting the infection like an extra strong vaccine? If so, why should we be in a hurry to get the shots?
For the record, they did tell us not to get vaccinated til the 90 day point from when we got sick.
I’m a bit confused and actually have nothing against vaccines as we were looking into getting the shots ASAP right before we got sick.

By the way, I can now say that my brother officially had it based on just getting tested for antibodies. We figured there was a very high chance since I definitely had it. We’ve both pretty much 100% recovered now. I did a full exercise walk at regular speed the last 2 evenings. The one thing though is that I don’t know that I have my full sense of smell back yet. I’be certainly regained some though.

Protection from reinfection is minimal if you have a mild case. It’s the same reason people continue to get flu shots even though they’ve had the flu before. Any short term protection from reinfection eventually fades.

Vaccines boost the immune system and the sera that’s analyzed post-vaccine shows antibody titters at higher levels than the most sick or highly exposed COVID patients (for example, someone exposed to a large viral load versus a small viral load)...Because of this, it’s advantageous.

It also gives you a head start against any kind of mutation or highly deadly covid strain if one was to form. There would have to be significant mutations in the blinding proteins to make the vaccine significantly ineffective.

I would say anyone who is undecided about the vaccine, instead of getting millions of virus particles multiplying inside your body from natural infection, having the “instructions” to code for the viral protein injected isn’t so bad. That’s the easiest way towards immunity, trust me. Or you can have natural infection and risk permanent loss of smell and taste, hospitalization, or worse. I pick the vaccine and the more people that so, the faster this goes away.

I’ll add: Waiting is understandable, I guess, but you should also be fine with sustained shutdowns and masks if you want to wait. Save the politics. Can’t have your cake and eat it too with this virus, unfortunately. Let’s all do our part and kiss covid goodbye for good.

Last edited:
Montana no longer requires mask wearing. Wise imo. 6 feet and keep hands clean. Mask deal is overblown false security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back