• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a HCP I’m thankful to be fully vaccinated. I got Pfizer, and had chills/fever/body aches/headache with both vaccines. Knocked me out for the weekend basically (got both on Fridays because I expected this)

I see MOST people having very little if any side effects, outside of a sore arm. If you’ve had covid before, there seems to be a correlation with side effects for the first dose or both doses (hence in my case)

But I’ve also heard of people who were COVID positive and no issues with either. So it’s strange.

I would recommend it 100%. I can’t describe the feeling of having the peace of mind. It’s worth that alone, and the peace of mind that I can’t spread it to loved ones (studies are still trying to prove this but so far it seems that’s the case)

As a HCP I’m thankful to be fully vaccinated. I got Pfizer, and had chills/fever/body aches/headache with both vaccines. Knocked me out for the weekend basically (got both on Fridays because I expected this)

I see MOST people having very little if any side effects, outside of a sore arm. If you’ve had covid before, there seems to be a correlation with side effects for the first dose or both doses (hence in my case)

But I’ve also heard of people who were COVID positive and no issues with either. So it’s strange.

I would recommend it 100%. I can’t describe the feeling of having the peace of mind. It’s worth that alone, and the peace of mind that I can’t spread it to loved ones (studies are still trying to prove this but so far it seems that’s the case)

Jon,
Since we’ve had Covid, don’t we already have protection that is even greater than from a vaccine for quite awhile? Isn’t actually getting the infection like an extra strong vaccine? If so, why should we be in a hurry to get the shots?
For the record, they did tell us not to get vaccinated til the 90 day point from when we got sick.
I’m a bit confused and actually have nothing against vaccines as we were looking into getting the shots ASAP right before we got sick.

By the way, I can now say that my brother officially had it based on just getting tested for antibodies. We figured there was a very high chance since I definitely had it. We’ve both pretty much 100% recovered now. I did a full exercise walk at regular speed the last 2 evenings. The one thing though is that I don’t know that I have my full sense of smell back yet. I’be certainly regained some though.

Last edited:
Jon,
Since we’ve had Covid, don’t we already have protection that is even greater than from a vaccine for quite awhile? Isn’t actually getting the infection like an extra strong vaccine? If so, why should we be in a hurry to get the shots?
For the record, they did tell us not to get vaccinated til the 90 day point from when we got sick.
I’m a bit confused and actually have nothing against vaccines as we were looking into getting the shots ASAP right before we got sick.

By the way, I can now say that my brother officially had it based on just getting tested for antibodies. We figured there was a very high chance since I definitely had it. We’ve both pretty much 100% recovered now. I did a full exercise walk at regular speed the last 2 evenings. The one thing though is that I don’t know that I have my full sense of smell back yet. I’be certainly regained some though.
You go, Larry! I’m glad you and your brother made it. Others have not been so fortunate. All those years of staying healthy and jeb walking in the cool breeze paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back