• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

At this point you have to think some of these leaders are dead set on trying to prolong the inevitable. I mean there’s really no way to stop it. Shutting things down does absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things besides possibly maybe helping our hospitals not get overrun. But seeing as how very few people are dying I’m not sure that’s enough reason to start shutting things down again.

For that county that's largely rural outside the beaches it is significant jump even if it was only 36 cases.

And despite your head in the sand this virus is roaring back to life in numerous states.

Be glad so far the deaths havent skyrocketed again.
I see you’re back to sensationalizing again. The deaths are heavily weighted toward the elderly with comorbidities and hospitals are lying about the true cause of death in many cases. We can’t trust the WHO or CDC cause they are liars, too. This virus does not pose a threat to mankind worthy of shutting down the economy and restricting freedoms. It’s time to move on.

I’m assuming most people are like me. I just wanted to know if I had the damn virus so I could do my best not to spread it. I was told the ER had the ability to do a 1 hour rapid test but after checking into my room I was informed that I could not receive the rapid test. We needed quicker testing. Months ago..I honestly believe this has been the biggest hinderance in trying to slow this thing down. Some people are having to wait 5 days to get results back. News flash, most people are not staying home for 5 straight days.

At this point you have to think some of these leaders are dead set on trying to prolong the inevitable. I mean there’s really no way to stop it. Shutting things down does absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things besides possibly maybe helping our hospitals not get overrun. But seeing as how very few people are dying I’m not sure that’s enough reason to start shutting things down again.
I hear ya Jimmy, but that leader is a Republican.

For that county that's largely rural outside the beaches it is significant jump even if it was only 36 cases.

And despite your head in the sand this virus is roaring back to life in numerous states.

Be glad so far the deaths havent skyrocketed again.
Some people just don't understand percentages

I hear ya Jimmy, but that leader is a Republican.
Seems like it’s a free for all at the local government level. There’s been hardly any coordination and it’s really been Donkeys vs Elephants for the most part. Political posturing throughout this whole ordeal.

I mean it's pushing top 5 causes of death unless I'm missing something. Think were at 120k in about 3 months. These are annual I believe. Keep me honest.
Screenshot_20200626-232632_Firefox.jpg

Seems like it’s a free for all at the local government level. There’s been hardly any coordination and it’s really been Donkeys vs Elephants for the most part. Political posturing throughout this whole ordeal.

Been the same here Democrats in Dallas and Austin mainly doing orders that Republicans elsewhere including the Governor said we're unconstitutional and all kinds of stuff and vice versa

It's been a mess all along nobody had clear messaging the masks were bad the masks were good going back to the total lockdown how the grocery store is essential but not other places etc

Oh and let's not forget how the riots were allowed but not other mass gatherings

Last edited:

The problem I see with this approach is if the whole lockdown thing keeps going you are gonna run this into Flu season. If the IFR stays low and the hospitals can take the load, it would just make sense to try to get through as much as possible. A whole different ballgame is played if the second wave hits as a bad flu season gets going. The last two flu seasons were mild, but Covid plus a nasty flu season and we have major problems. Then you will probably have mass lockdowns for months until a possible vaccine.

No surprise here. I would say it’s Darwinism but the truth is it’s just not a very deadly disease.

Yeah... tell that to the families of over 120,000 Americans. Oh.. and all this in just 4 months. That's kinda like saying WW1, Korea, and Vietnam weren't very deadly wars for American soldiers. Brilliant

Yeah... tell that to the families of over 120,000 Americans. Oh.. and all this in just 4 months. That's kinda like saying WW1, Korea, and Vietnam weren't very deadly wars for American soldiers. Brilliant
I think people underestimate what .5% death rate can mean. It sounds like such a small % but if it infects enough people it adds up quickly.

The death numbers just aren’t that spooky. The virus has killed .0004% of the United States’ population. Spanish Flu killed .0065% of the US population in 1918. That’s over 16x as deadly. This is not the end of the world. We survived that one and we’ll make it through this one. CC3D6110-B07B-4C39-BD12-817F61DD2A57.png

Some on here will just never learn will they. Maybe we need to start locking folks up who disobey the mask orders. 10 days in jail might teach them something.
It will teach them what tyranny looks like and give them some possible new recruits in the coming war for independence. No thank you, fascist.

It will teach them what tyranny looks like and give them some possible new recruits in the coming war for independence. No thank you, fascist.
What you do not understand is that you do not need symptoms of the virus to spread it to others. THAT'S why you need the masks. It'a all about protecting others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back