• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know what people think the social and economic ramifications are of lengthy lockdowns returning and how we expect to deal with 20% unemployment, businesses gone, schooles closed, supply chains broken, and a government system that is incapable of meeting all of the needs that will arise en masse.

My guess is that chaos, crime, poverty, rioting, etc. will all rise substantially. You ain't seen nothing yet.
I’m now of the opinion that most of us are all going to get the coronavirus eventually. In my honest opinion, heard immunity has been the only way to deal with this all along.

I’m now of the opinion that most of us are all going to get the coronavirus eventually. In my honest opinion, heard immunity has been the only way to deal with this all along.
It's more about slow exposure to reduce impact of at risk individuals. Spikes are not slow exposure. Exposing too quickly is what spreads it to nursing homes and elderly quickly which in turn spikes hospitalizations and deaths. A hospital performs better and can save lives better if it isn't overwhelmed.

Maybe so. There are so many reports and studies out that seemingly conflict with each other. Hospitals are going to be inundated. The virus is mutating more aggressively. The virus is mutating less aggressively. Hospitals are listing Covid for everything. Zinc helps. Zinc doesn't help. A vaccine will save us. A vaccine will only be 20% effective. It's been around since the Fall of 2019. It just got here in January. It came from the wet market. It didn't come from the wet market. You can catch it from asymptomatic people. You can't catch it from asymptomatic people. Etc etc etc.

Maybe so. There are so many reports and studies out that seemingly conflict with each other. Hospitals are going to be inundated. The virus is mutating more aggressively. The virus is mutating less aggressively. Hospitals are listing Covid for everything. Zinc helps. Zinc doesn't help. A vaccine will save us. A vaccine will only be 20% effective. It's been around since the Fall of 2019. It just got here in January. It came from the wet market. It didn't come from the wet market. You can catch it from asymptomatic people. You can't catch it from asymptomatic people. Etc etc etc.

welcome to the misinformation age!

Texted the person I was exposed to on Sunday and she is still dealing with it. She said it was like the flu on steroids with lots of bad aches, fever and some shortness of breath which makes sleeping difficult. Her doctor told her around day 7 is when most people take a turn for the worse... she’s waiting on confirmation of the results and should find out Monday or Tuesday.

Absolutely no way we go back to school in the fall going at the rate we are going.

Plateauing or increasing cases heading into fall is literally the worst case scenario and it’s playing out right in front of our eyes.

At the pharmacy, we get ready for flu season in August, when we get our first flu shot shipments. That’s 2 months away we will have thousands of flu shots. 2 months!

There’s no time. I highly doubt we will see ncaa football and basketball. We’ll likely lock down again without a vaccine. Best case, a vaccine will be available mid-flu season or late flu season. Just bad stuff folks...
Hate to see all of this happen but I agree with everything you said. This virus is only getting worse fast now. I'll be shocked if NASCAR and golf make it through, much less other sports starting up.

Reactions: Jon
A perfect storm really, if you think about it. Memorial Day weekend had mass openings. Protests. Trump now rallying again. Political year so campaign efforts and primary voting will spread virus. Beaches and vacation cities back to 100% during vacation season. People now returning to climate controlled office settings.

With Roy Cooper mentioning maybe phase 2.5 or 3, he’s obviously focused on hospital overload right now, not flattening the curve. With that said, we could stay open for a while but once hospitals get overloaded, locked down we go.
It's going to have to happen in SC too. Virus breaking records down here too.

Reactions: Jon
I'd like to know what people think the social and economic ramifications are of lengthy lockdowns returning and how we expect to deal with 20% unemployment, businesses gone, schooles closed, supply chains broken, and a government system that is incapable of meeting all of the needs that will arise en masse.

My guess is that chaos, crime, poverty, rioting, etc. will all rise substantially. You ain't seen nothing yet.
It will be like " Chaz" which is ok with a lot more folks than Id care to add up.

Anyone think Hospitalizations might be going up because we started back with elective sugeries etc? Not like it was and only covid patients was being accepted

Anyone think Hospitalizations might be going up because we started back with elective sugeries etc? Not like it was and only covid patients was being accepted
I don’t think so, more testing equals more positives I think. Hospitals around here have plenty of room. I understand some states are having more issues but it’s really not serious here, I think it would take a huge increase in hospitalization and deaths to go backwards and even then I don’t see a lockdown ever happening again. I’ll give it a few weeks and see how it goes but schools are opening up on time and people are going back to work. Really seems like a afterthought now.

I might just need to be near the situation to know, but having been in all 3 hospitals at least a few times...

At least as of yesterday, Augusta's still pretty much fine with hospitalizations, which is what I'm mainly worried about (and they're probably not just taking people from in and directly near the county either to be honest). AU Health is absolutely gigantic and if you're not used to that hospital, you can easily feel overwhelmed in there. University/Doctor's Hospital are both pretty big too (and with University it might be counting two hospitals). Biggest concern with Doctor's Hospital is they're the only burn center for a while in multiple directions however if they were to be overwhelmed with COVID cases.

Pandora's box has already been opened. There is no putting this back in the box

Since the shutdown began, (as of 2 weeks ago) over 100,000 small businesses have closed permanently and one expert predicted it will be over 300,000 by August. I am giving it two more months before I make a final decision whether to shut down permanently or not. I pray for those that have lost theirs every night and hope others pray for them as well.

GA for last 24 hours:

- 10,124 tests
- 810 cases
- 108 hospital admissions
- 15 ICU
- 43 deaths

In GA, 1,018 new cases the last 24 hours. One might think that's a lot, especially for a Saturday, but the key is that there were a lot more tests vs yesterday. Also, hospital admissions, ICU and deaths were significantly lower than yesterday:

- 15,834 tests
- 1,018 cases
- 43 hospital admissions
- 8 ICU
- 28 deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back