• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte media trying to stir the pot. Interviewing Wilkesboro workers at Tyson who were told they had to work while waiting for their test results.

Riddle me this. So while we had SIP orders people were pretty much out doing who knows what. Literally as soon as we lift these orders last week it's like a ghost town at times. Seems after 4 PM the streets empty like theres a curfew or something. It's very odd and my curiosity is piqued as to the reason and mindset behind this.
Sounds like one of those situations where if you tell me I cant do something, then I am going to do it. Now that the restrictions are off, people dont feel that urge to go out lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sounds like one of those situations where if you tell me I cant do something, then I am going to do it. Now that the restrictions are off, people dont feel that urge to go out lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Absolutely. It's like when you yell "dont look at that!" Everyone will turn their head and look.

Absolutely. It's like when you yell "dont look at that!" Everyone will turn their head and look.

I was thinking maybe everyone thought that they would be just a handful of people out because you know essential travel only. The mindset of we will have everything to ourselves but then everyone else had the same idea. Now that everything's sort of open nobody wants to be a part of the crowd so everything is quiet?

Its a weird dynamic to these shutdowns.

Not to aid the media, but Wilkes is approaching 450 and Winston is largely the result of Wilkes Tyson too. 1BE74B93-571B-4D19-A757-3D85CAAD2D07.jpeg

The controversial model, IHME, updated today and has 4,413 total NC deaths by early August and a high of 64 deaths per day June 28.

NC is over a month away from its peak of this is true. This is unbelievable and doesn’t bode well for the economy, or the fall.

e94684f07d3062807b56ad4254927a23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FWIW, the IHME model updated again today and downgraded NC to 2,524 deaths by August 4 (compared to 4,413 last week). Georgia shows 2,381, 485 for South Carolina, 1,208 for Alabama, 986 for Mississippi, 489 for Tennessee, 4,721 for Florida, and 1,980 for Virginia. The nationwide toll was 143,357, which is pretty close to before, I believe.

Still seems too high for NC in relation to the rest of the Southeast, IMO. This model obviously bounces around a lot, though, especially at the state level.

The good news is that hospitals/ICUs have plenty of spare capacity under this scenario.

Riddle me this. So while we had SIP orders people were pretty much out doing who knows what. Literally as soon as we lift these orders last week it's like a ghost town at times. Seems after 4 PM the streets empty like theres a curfew or something. It's very odd and my curiosity is piqued as to the reason and mindset behind this.
Unemployment and people running out of money? Also, many are making more money from unemployment than they would if they work. Also, you can already be working part time and now can claim unemployment. It’s really messed up.

NC reports 585 COVID hospitalizations, the largest total to date, and an increase of 75 from the day before. This probably doesn't bode well for us moving to phase two.
Negative. Phase 2 is 100% happening. I know gyms have the go ahead Friday but the ones here are waiting till Monday. And have salon friends who are rushing to complete certification before they lose sales. Governor wants Memorial Day weekend OPEN from everything I heard.

Negative. Phase 2 is 100% happening. I know gyms have the go ahead Friday but the ones here are waiting till Monday. And have salon friends who are rushing to complete certification before they lose sales. Governor wants Memorial Day weekend OPEN from everything I heard.

I hope you're right. Interesting to note that the data on NC COVID Dashboard has since been changed back to yesterday's numbers.

I was thinking maybe everyone thought that they would be just a handful of people out because you know essential travel only. The mindset of we will have everything to ourselves but then everyone else had the same idea. Now that everything's sort of open nobody wants to be a part of the crowd so everything is quiet?

Its a weird dynamic to these shutdowns.

It could be everyone is going to the beach now that they’re opening up. I heard beaches that have opened are packed.

Air pollution is back to severe in China according to reddit. Record traffic.

I tend to think you're correct. There's a lot of momentum behind opening up at this point, especially considering all our neighbors sans Virginia have done so. We still have plenty of hospital and ICU space available too, although of course if things got out of control, that could change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back