• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were watching the webcams from the OBX last weekend and the beaches were empty. Hardly anyone there.
Packed out here in Charleston area. Parking and traffic crazier than normal. Isle of Palms gave 500 parking tickets just last Saturday.

https://www.businessinsider.com/reopening-georgia-coronavirus-case-data-lag-2020-5

Across the country, there seems to be a lag in reporting positive test cases as well as deaths. So the numbers we're getting is more like a snapshot of what things were like 2 weeks ago and not as they are currently. So not exactly helpful to understand what effects reopening is having where they are doing it currently.

The CDC has said the reporting lag for deaths could range from one to eight weeks, or more, "depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death," though the CDC also says the average lag is closer to one or two weeks.

https://www.businessinsider.com/reopening-georgia-coronavirus-case-data-lag-2020-5

Across the country, there seems to be a lag in reporting positive test cases as well as deaths. So the numbers we're getting is more like a snapshot of what things were like 2 weeks ago and not as they are currently. So not exactly helpful to understand what effects reopening is having where they are doing it currently.

The CDC has said the reporting lag for deaths could range from one to eight weeks, or more, "depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death," though the CDC also says the average lag is closer to one or two weeks.
Indeed. This likely means deaths per day now are probably lower than reported in the daily reports, though (since a lot of the deaths reported today actually happened some time ago)...assuming fatalities are decreasing nationwide (which I think they must likely are).

We were watching the webcams from the OBX last weekend and the beaches were empty. Hardly anyone there.

One of my co-workers went to the Kill Devil Hills area and said it was slammed there Saturday and Friday evening. I guess it depends on the location.

I tend to think you're correct. There's a lot of momentum behind opening up at this point, especially considering all our neighbors sans Virginia have done so. We still have plenty of hospital and ICU space available too, although of course if things got out of control, that could change.

I think we move to ph2 too, but the 14 day rolling avg of new cases isn't good. With that said, Cooper could hang his hat on this and hold at ph1 as it's not decreasing.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 2.17.05 PM.png

One of my co-workers went to the Kill Devil Hills area and said it was slammed there Saturday and Friday evening. I guess it depends on the location.

We had actually booked a room but cancelled due to concerns with both the virus and the weather. It was at the sea ranch and their webcam was bare nobody at the beach.

I think we move to ph2 too, but the 14 day rolling avg of new cases isn't good. With that said, Cooper could hang his hat on this and hold at ph1 as it's not decreasing.

View attachment 41725
We've increased testing a lot, though, so it isn't particularly surprising the number of cases is increasing. But you're right as that's one of the metrics they are supposedly looking at.

I think all hell might break lose if we don't get phase 2 on Friday, though, as that's what most people are expecting now. The hospitalization spike today is a little concerning, though.

We had actually booked a room but cancelled due to concerns with both the virus and the weather. It was at the sea ranch and their webcam was bare nobody at the beach.

They may not be on the beach with the cooler weather and such but some areas this past weekend were packed.

???????

BTW - I 1st picked this story up on Fox

Last edited:

Current hospital census is probably a better metric and Georgia’s has still been heading down. My hospital keeps decreasing regularly.

Current hospital census is probably a better metric and Georgia’s has still been heading down. My hospital keeps decreasing regularly.
Well, I don’t think the CDC is a credible source of information as the agency is terribly corrupt. I trust Georgia’s health department over the CDC. CDC=WHO=UN=CCP.

Brazil has reported 16,260 new cases and 1,118 new deaths.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back