• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening up eating establishments is like lighting the fuse on a stick of dynamite.....those places are major germ transfer locations and even with increased measured one or two asymptomatic infected servers can infect dozens of people per shift.....the good news for other states is we get to watch a few weeks and see if GA crash and burns....so thanks for taking one for the team :)

I'm not going to any of these places anytime soon. However, one concern I do have is that someone who helps me out with my disabled/high risk older bro (this valued person is actually a very longtime paid employee of my bro and he's very kind/like a friend to us), loves to bowl in a league every day in normal times and bowled up til the alleys were closed, which was making me nervous then. My hope is that either the alleys here won't open or, if they do, that he decides not to bowl.

Last edited:
The US set a record high for deaths reported today (granted, Tuesdays are deceptive because of the weekend lag effect). Hopefully, this is the peak.....

Impossible pretty sure I have been told DOZENS of times this is not as bad or deadlier than the flu.....I mean remember all the other times they had to use mass graves in NYC to handle all the unclaimed dead from the flu, or the dozens of refrigerator trucks behind the morgue to hold all the flu dead…..oh yeah me either.....

View attachment 40053

As has been previously established, not all of the recently deceased being buried on Hart Island are victims of Covid - unless you believe Mayor de Blasio is a liar; in that case I could hardly fault you.

"These are people who no one after a period of time has claimed them, and not just COVID victims, but victims of all diseases, all reasons for fatality"

I'm not going to any of these places anytime soon. However, one concern I do have is that someone who helps me out with my disabled/high risk older bro (this valued person is actually a very longtime paid employee of my bro and he's very kind/like a friend to us), loves to bowl in a league every day in normal times and bowled up til the alleys were closed, which was making me nervous then. My hope is that either the alleys here won't open or, if they do, that he decides not to bowl.
Larry,
You do have the option of "drawing a line" with this person. If he's that close to you he'll abide. Otherwise, better to know now.
Phil

Larry,
You do have the option of "drawing a line" with this person. If he's that close to you he'll abide. Otherwise, better to know now.
Phil

Yes, I'm hoping he'll abide based on his closeness to us. But when the alleys closed, he was visibly dejected. He's been bowling almost daily for many, many years. So, I'm not sure what he'll do or if he'll secretly go back to bowling. Since this is outside of the work sphere, I don't think we can actually stop him.

Yes, I'm hoping he'll abide based on his closeness to us. But when the alleys closed, he was visibly dejected. He's been bowling almost daily for many, many years. So, I'm not sure what he'll do or if he'll secretly go back to bowling. Since this is outside of the work sphere, I don't think we can actually stop him.
Offer him a 3 month membership on your ticket, revocable at will if you find out otherwise - no bowling for the next 2 months ... or buy him a video game ...

As has been previously established, not all of the recently deceased being buried on Hart Island are victims of Covid - unless you believe Mayor de Blasio is a liar; in that case I could hardly fault you.

"These are people who no one after a period of time has claimed them, and not just COVID victims, but victims of all diseases, all reasons for fatality"

Right but they went from averaging 25 burials a week to over 100 a week.....because of Covid.....

Opening up eating establishments is like lighting the fuse on a stick of dynamite.....those places are major germ transfer locations and even with increased measured one or two asymptomatic infected servers can infect dozens of people per shift.....the good news for other states is we get to watch a few weeks and see if GA crash and burns....so thanks for taking one for the team :)
A lot of our local restaurants have stated they will still just do take out until things are safer. They weighed the risks and found it better to wait. That’s what we all have to do.

What's done is done however America is also a place where people have the right to question actions that are or were taken; especially as more and more data has been accumulated related to actual infection and death rates.

In the end it may turn out the population at most risk should've been properly protected and the entire country shouldn't have been shut down.

There will be time for those discussions and analyzations..

Nothing to see here; except more and more preliminary results from studies underway are showing the actual infection rate to be substantially higher than currently reported thus the probable death rates are substantially lower than currently reported.

Time will tell; the truth does find a way to surface..

Even if it is that many folks, that would mean no more than 5% of the population had it.

Interesting

Some disturbing videos out of Ecuador of bodies everywhere, don't know if it's appropriate to post them but wondering if anyone has seen them?

Some disturbing videos out of Ecuador of bodies everywhere, don't know if it's appropriate to post them but wondering if anyone has seen them?

Yeah. I posted an article a few days ago saying there could be as many as 20k dead. One region sees an average of 2000 a month and in March they saw 16k+

My mother in law is a doctor and her clinic had 50 positive cases from the chicken plant yesterday. I don't see how it stays open much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back