• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please that is ridiculous to accuse me of morbid obsession of letting people die. If not letting anyone die then let’s lockdown for the flu also. No more driving cars. No more alcohol. So many things could be said we are letting people die. You do realize some have lost or will lose a family member and lose their job and possibly their home. People die every day and it’s sad no doubt but suffering in poverty and homelessness is awful also and longer lasting. In a short time a hard choice is going to have to be made. Either try an open up or totally ruin millions of lives of families. Where suicides will explode. So do you have a morbid obsession of letting people suffer? No I know you don’t so please don’t accuse me of being some sick individual.
All the ways people die you just listed would be worse if there were no safety laws or support system in place. I don't understand the obsession with suicide, it's not contagious like this virus but is just as preventable. There is better chance for a depression if we open too early and we have a bigger spike. I will admit some loosening on restriction could be appropriate but concerts,sports,malls,movies and other large gathering can't happen for a long while and there is no way around it.

All the ways people die you just listed would be worse if there were no safety laws or support system in place. I don't understand the obsession with suicide, it's not contagious like this virus but is just as preventable. There is better chance for a depression if we open too early and we have a bigger spike. I will admit some loosening on restriction could be appropriate but concerts,sports,malls,movies and other large gathering can't happen for a long while and there is no way around it.
I don’t understand suicides either but we have half a population on medicines for depression and other illnesses. Some feel the meds make it worse. I’m not a doctor so I’m not going to comment yay or nay. I understand the not having concerts, sporting events and etc. Do I agree with them staying closed? Not after end of April no. If we are not going to have them then we need to close down for flu next fall/winter because it kills thousands also. I know this virus is more contagious than the flu but someone dying from the flu when it can be prevented also by social distancing. To think we could have this virus and the flu together in the fall/winter. If there is no vaccine.

I don’t understand suicides either but we have half a population on medicines for depression and other illnesses. Some feel the meds make it worse. I’m not a doctor so I’m not going to comment yay or nay. I understand the not having concerts, sporting events and etc. Do I agree with them staying closed? Not after end of April no. If we are not going to have them then we need to close down for flu next fall/winter because it kills thousands also. I know this virus is more contagious than the flu but someone dying from the flu when it can be prevented also by social distancing. To think we could have this virus and the flu together in the fall/winter. If there is no vaccine.
If you think concerts and other big gathering will be allowed in May you are in for a rude awakening. Zero chance of anything large all summer

If you think concerts and other big gathering will be allowed in May you are in for a rude awakening. Zero chance of anything large all summer
I don’t think they will be nor sporting events. Even though SK has started back their pro b-ball league. New cases are now happening there again so I’m guessing they will close down again.

Well as a healthcare provider my fear has been realized. I was tested Easter Sunday due to coming down with symptoms and I’m positive for Covid-19. It’s a risk we take in this field and I’m doing well. The oddest symptom I have is complete loss of sense of smell & taste. It came on suddenly. No fever and in fact I’m running low (97). Just shows how odd the symptom profile is for this virus.
Man, sorry to hear that, Jon. We'll keep you in our prayers, man. I hope you feel better soon!

Yikes—this illustrates just how contagious this virus is:

Just imagine if the NCAA tourny went on as scheduled. The regional games would have brought in people from all over the country into the same arenas for 2 rounds of games. After which everyone would travel back to their regions of origin spreading this like a wildfire.

That was one of the earliest decisions and I believe has proven critical in keeping this somewhat contained. We are talking 10s of thosuands of travellers airports, hotels all with major spread.

Just imagine if the NCAA tourny went on as scheduled. The regional games would have brought in people from all over the country into the same arenas for 2 rounds of games. After which everyone would travel back to their regions of origin spreading this like a wildfire.

That was one of the earliest decisions and I believe has proven critical in keeping this somewhat contained. We are talking 10s of thosuands of travellers airports, hotels all with major spread.
If that had happened Atlanta would be right behind New York in cases.

I would say any flights out of this country are pretty much not going to happen for the next six months at least. Lots of rental properties and hotels going to be bankrupt and available. Those beach front rentals will be bankrupt all over.

A friends wife said her company has told them to pay $375 for the virus test. Also the test is only 80-90% accurate.

Models project now 62,000 hospitialzations due to corona

Last year flu caused 500,000
Year before over 800,000

Whole push of shutdown was to not over run hospitals. Bend the curve. Bending the curve is not a cure, fact it pro longs the length of time dealing with corono verse Herd immunity approach. Vacvine is 6 to 12 months most likely away. Only half Americans take flu vaccine. So im guessing only half would take corono if available.

The Cocktail has turned out to be a game changer. Not 100 percent,but cures around 90 percent of hospitialized cases due to corono.
It was estimated as many as 1 to 2 million deaths would have occured,had we not impossed travel bans and shut down. Now its estimated that we may not get to 50 to 75,000

My opinion is its time to open back up. May 1 should start the transition and we all will still need to practice 6 feet, hand washing etc. The elderly,nursing homes will still need to isolate as is till vaccine. The deaths from cocktail of hospitilized corono still falls out at 4 %. Its ages 74 and up.

Awesome job by American Citizens making a massive sacrifice. Also kudos to potus and wh corono team. Made a bridge for us to walk across from mid March to May.

Well as a healthcare provider my fear has been realized. I was tested Easter Sunday due to coming down with symptoms and I’m positive for Covid-19. It’s a risk we take in this field and I’m doing well. The oddest symptom I have is complete loss of sense of smell & taste. It came on suddenly. No fever and in fact I’m running low (97). Just shows how odd the symptom profile is for this virus.
Did you have any foot rashes? Saw some article saying that was another common symptom. Taste and smell is well documented. Just curious and praying for you. Thanks for answering the bell with your profession meeting the citizens of your community needs.

Models project now 62,000 hospitialzations due to corona

Last year flu caused 500,000
Year before over 800,000

Whole push of shutdown was to not over run hospitals. Bend the curve. Bending the curve is not a cure, fact it pro longs the length of time dealing with corono verse Herd immunity approach. Vacvine is 6 to 12 months most likely away. Only half Americans take flu vaccine. So im guessing only half would take corono if available.

The Cocktail has turned out to be a game changer. Not 100 percent,but cures around 90 percent of hospitialized cases due to corono.
It was estimated as many as 1 to 2 million deaths would have occured,had we not impossed travel bans and shut down. Now its estimated that we may not get to 50 to 75,000

My opinion is its time to open back up. May 1 should start the transition and we all will still need to practice 6 feet, hand washing etc. The elderly,nursing homes will still need to isolate as is till vaccine. The deaths from cocktail of hospitilized corono still falls out at 4 %. Its ages 74 and up.

Awesome job by American Citizens making a massive sacrifice. Also kudos to potus and wh corono team. Made a bridge for us to walk across from mid March to May.
I agree open up May 1! Be ready to be labeled as morbid obsession of letting people die person. Also be told you need help.

Yes!!!

Did you have any foot rashes? Saw some article saying that was another common symptom. Taste and smell is well documented. Just curious and praying for you. Thanks for answering the bell with your profession meeting the citizens of your community needs.

No foot rashes and thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back