• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
85 today. It’s already here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha sure, I know. Just being overly-technical. The poster had already demonstrated a lack of understanding about the disease, so I was ready to pile on.
AL is shutting all non-essential businesses tomorrow at 1700, buts it's also a pretty broad definition of essential. My family has already been at this for two weeks on our own, heavily restricting our contact.

Once we get control of the curve I’m of the belief we need to get back to business. Work on ways to medicate people effectively once infected and find a vaccine for the next cycle if there is one.
Who knows how long that will be. My concern with going back to bau is it just comes roaring back again. I am baffled that hasnt happened in china - maybe they just ssid ---- it, dont tell anyone

Who knows how long that will be. My concern with going back to bau is it just comes roaring back again. I am baffled that hasnt happened in china - maybe they just ssid poop it, dont tell anyone
notice how Tokyo went into a COVID panic ... oh yeah ... that happened the day after the Olympics were postponed ... Frankly, trust published reports at your own peril ...

For the life of me I don't know how that accomplishes much. If you are making everyone stay home, but leaving Walmart and Lowes/HD open and the ability to go, you are asking for even more spread.
Apparently words mean more than actions

I think the Chinese are lying. They've been doing it since the beginning.

Love the debate. The great thing is that there isn't a right answer. We need to recognize that basically everyone has the same information, and smart people can come to different conclusions. In the absence of a breakthrough treatment, we must either rely on everyone (or at least a large majority) getting infected and becoming immune, or we must hold out for a vaccine. I suppose a third option is that the virus will just go away on its own, but that seems like an especially bad bet. What we do with the time until either of those three options comes to fruition is the source of our great debate. It's not an easy choice.

We should also recognize that the number of confirmed infections is likely a huge underestimate of the true number of infections. To look at the bright side, every confirmed case likely represents 10 or so people (or maybe even more) with mild or even subclinical infections. Which means, although our number of deaths is going up, so too is the number of immune people. We're gaining those folks at an exponential rate. Consider that, at least, a blessing.

How long does life insurance take to kick in? I have some but was thinking about adding some now just in case. Anyone in the insurance business?

I don't
Big time Doctor told my friend, that he thinks it is a million infected right now. And, it is going to be bad here soon.
Honestly, that is awesome news if true because it goes right along with the articles I posted that this coronavirus Is not near as deadly or dangerous as we've been led to believe. It means "most people" notice nothing of consequence and we are quickly building our hurd immunity. Let's not go insane with the lockdowns . Many people don't seem to understand the dire consequences of them if they last very long. They think we can just lock down for months and then just pick back up without skipping a beat.

This virus is not unprecedented but the lockdowns sure are!

It’s Russian roulette. There could be multiple strains circulating with some more virulent than others. Bats are reservoirs for these deadly viruses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't

Honestly, that is awesome news if true because it goes right along with the articles I posted that this coronavirus Is not near as deadly or dangerous as we've been led to believe. It means "most people" notice nothing of consequence and we are quickly building our hurd immunity. Let's not go insane with the lockdowns . Many people don't seem to understand the dire consequences of them if they last very long. They think we can just lock down for months and then just pick back up without skipping a beat.

Also, he said one of the cocktails is showing to be very promising !!!

I don't

Pulling in naval ships to house the sick isnt unprecedented? When has something similar happened in the past 100 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back