• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, being in Charlotte I can say people really aren't following the "Shelter in Place" orders. Lines wrapped around Starbucks, Lowe's and Home Depots are packed. Besides Uptown, you would have no idea there were any orders in place. I wish Cooper would step it up and make it a Statewide mandate. I don't understand what he's waiting for.
You can make it a mandate for sure. How do you enforce it upon thousands of people? And NO martial law isn't the answer for this. Even the Guard can only do so much to make people stay in. That kind of thing wont happen for a virus unless people started looting or rioting if that makes sense

You can make it a mandate for sure. How do you enforce it upon thousands of people? And NO martial law isn't the answer for this. Even the Guard can only do so much to make people stay in. That kind of thing wont happen for a virus unless people started looting or rioting if that makes sense

Well, the short answer is you can't. People can just say they're going to the store or Starbucks. Cooper needs to look to NYC for guidance. They are doing a lot up there and they have 8.6 million people.

Well, being in Charlotte I can say people really aren't following the "Shelter in Place" orders. Lines wrapped around Starbucks, Lowe's and Home Depots are packed. Besides Uptown, you would have no idea there were any orders in place. I wish Cooper would step it up and make it a Statewide mandate. I don't understand what he's waiting for.
Would people respect it any more than they did the county?

Well, the short answer is you can't. People can just say they're going to the store or Starbucks. Cooper needs to look to NYC for guidance. They are doing a lot up there and they have 8.6 million people.
For a very large metropolitan city that is the epicenter of the virus different story. You do a statewide mandate in NC that tells rural people largely unaffected by this they need to stay inside. Its better to allow the counties to handle what they feel is best. What they are doing now will stop enough to allow people who are more concerned to be less concerned

For a very large metropolitan city that is the epicenter of the virus different story. You do a statewide mandate in NC that tells rural people largely unaffected by this they need to stay inside. Its better to allow the counties to handle what they feel is best. What they are doing now will stop enough to allow people who are more concerned to be less concerned

They are largely unaffected, for now. "for now" being the keywords. There are plenty of rural areas throughout the country that are being hit hard. We can only stop this if we work together, not separate.

Ryan 1234, the more you let local decide the better. They have a better handle on ground truth evolving situation. One size doesnt fit all. Glad to see those guidlines posted above, should help officials be able to plan ,adjust better.

The ventilators issue.

They figured out a way to reverse the equiptment used by anesthesiologist to function like a ventilator. Training 1000s anesthesiologist across country to be ready to step in if need be as I tupe. Solves 2 problems. More qualified help and more resource of ventilators to meet demand. Winning!

I'm hoping when we get an at home test, we can require daily testing (not sure how that will be possible) but if you don't have the virus, you wear a bracelet or something showing that you are able to be out and about and if you are sick, you have to stay home. That is probably not feasible but when allow for life to get closer to normal.

They are largely unaffected, for now. "for now" being the keywords. There are plenty of rural areas throughout the country that are being hit hard. We can only stop this if we work together, not separate.
AndI have said before, who is going to enforce it on millions of people? The local police? The Guard? Military? A statewide mandate don't mean a damn thing and the governors are smart enough to realize the problem this has the potential to cause

I'm hoping when we get an at home test, we can require daily testing (not sure how that will be possible) but if you don't have the virus, you wear a bracelet or something showing that you are able to be out and about and if you are sick, you have to stay home. That is probably not feasible but when allow for life to get closer to normal.
There was country in the 1930's that tried such a thing ... ?

10801984_770751656305428_7968181077083458660_n copy.jpg

For all of you downplaying this and there are a lot of you. Take 10 minutes and please read this article. None of us on here are damn doctors, so everything we are posting is hearsay. I need a break from this thread, honestly. When we first started it people were actually giving useful information. Now it's turned into a mostly political discussion with people "congratulating" Trump for his response. Which is asinine for so many reasons. Even if we had a different POTUS, I'd say the same thing.

For all of you downplaying this and there are a lot of you. Take 10 minutes and please read this article. None of us on here are damn doctors, so everything we are posting is hearsay. I need a break from this thread, honestly. When we first started it people were actually giving useful information. Now it's turned into a mostly political discussion with people "congratulating" Trump for his response. Which is asinine for so many reasons. Even if we had a different POTUS, I'd say the same thing.

You complain about the thread being too political then you post a link to a story from The Atlantic? Hmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back