• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all have moved on from this area but I'll add another flu shot story...

My mom got one for the last time almost 2 and a half years ago (probably a little over the half). Though I'm not sure what she got was the flu, not long past then, she spent much of fall and winter miserably sick, and had to visit the doctor multiple times.

Only got one to give her family in NW GA the gift card she gets from getting one, so after that bad experience, she did not get it again, and although I can't say her health has been perfect (because of another issue), she hasn't had a stretch like that fall/winter again yet.

I would also be interested in the age and condition of the Solano County person that's hospitalized.

Y'all have moved on from this area but I'll add another flu shot story...

My mom got one for the last time almost 2 and a half years ago (probably a little over the half). Though I'm not sure what she got was the flu, not long past then, she spent much of fall and winter miserably sick, and had to visit the doctor multiple times.

Only got one to give her family in NW GA the gift card she gets from getting one, so after that bad experience, she did not get it again, and although I can't say her health has been perfect (because of another issue), she hasn't had a stretch like that fall/winter again yet.

I would also be interested in the age and condition of the Solano County person that's hospitalized.
Never had the flu shot and never had the flu. My son had the flu this summer but nobody else got it.

So what ridiculous site did you get that from?

Cotton's theory has already been thoroughly debunked by multiple scientists.

"There's absolutely nothing in the genome sequence of this virus that indicates the virus was engineered," Richard Ebright, a professor of chemical biology at Rutgers University, told The Washington Post Sunday.

"The possibility this was a deliberately released bioweapon can be firmly excluded."

Vipin Narang, associate professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, also told The Post it was "a skip in logic to say it's a bioweapon" or claim China "developed and intentionally deployed, or even unintentionally deployed" the virus.

"I don't think it's particularly helpful, and it's borderline irresponsible to — and it's without evidence, so at this point it's a conspiracy theory — peddle it," he told the newspaper.
In fairness, Cotton never specifically claimed the virus is a bioweapon; he merely said that at this stage we "need to be open to all possibilities" regarding the origin of the disease.

I personally don't hold much stock in the bioweapon theory, but an accidental release of a research specimen from the Wuhan Institute of Virology is certainly within the realm of possibility. When it comes to governments, Hanlon's Razor is often applicable.

HanRaz3.png

In fairness, Cotton never specifically claimed the virus is a bioweapon; he merely said that at this stage we "need to be open to all possibilities" regarding the origin of the disease.

I personally don't hold much stock in the bioweapon theory, but an accidental release of a research specimen from the Wuhan Institute of Virology is certainly within the realm of possibility. When it comes to governments, Hanlon's Razor is often applicable.

View attachment 36465

I would be willing to bet stupidity over malice.

The White House taking a page out of Winnie The Pooh’s (Xi Jinping) playbook. No government health employees talking to the media unless their talking points are approved by the White House. Run it by VP Pence, the guy with no medical experience and the same guy who, when he was governor of Indiana and was confronted with high AIDS transmission rates in his state, decided to cut the public health budget and closed a clinic that did HIV testing at the time.

Friday’s are notoriously bad for the stock market. I bet we drop another 500 to 1000 tomorrow..

so approximately 15 million people have been infected and around 8,000 have died in the US alone.

WHO estimates up to 650,000 people die around the world each year.

Wait; that's for the FLU, not coronavirus..

Where's the media?
Where's the outrage?
Where's the containment?
Where's the panic?

Friday’s are notoriously bad for the stock market. I bet we drop another 500 to 1000 tomorrow..
Today was the biggest loss of points in one day and futures are looking like the long range forecast all winter... Bleak. Not sure if it's true but I saw a report that says the president of iran has the virus

so approximately 15 million people have been infected and around 8,000 have died in the US alone.

Where's the media?
Where's the outrage?
Where's the containment?
Where's the panic?
I think China gets the flu every year also but they don't shut down the country every year. Figure it out for yourself

Where's the media?
Where's the outrage?
Where's the containment?
Where's the panic?
I remember when japan closed all school in the country for the flu...

Where's the media?
Where's the outrage?
Where's the containment?
Where's the panic?
The flu at least shows itself quickly. Would you be more worried about someone who breaks into your front door armed after you see them running to your house, or would you rather have someone sneak into your house, hide in your attic, then rob you or attempt to kill you as you sleep? It's the fact it's spreading quickly and undetected that gets people panicked.

So the Navy ordered it ships out to sea from all high risk zones for 14 days. So everyone on the ship should be under 60 years old. So what is the worry if it’s just another flu???‍♂️ Only older people get really sick right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back