• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

CoronaClosings-Schools

Paulding County GA. Closed beginning Monday 16th until further notice. They say they hope to reopen on the 30th, but spring break is April 6th, Is bet there closed till spring break is done. Tomorrow the 13tg is optional, absence won’t be counted against kids.

Forsyth County schools are closed next week, with a decision to be made on subsequent weeks by next Thursday. There will be online learning instead.

Forsyth County schools are closed next week, with a decision to be made on subsequent weeks by next Thursday. There will be online learning instead.
Just for clarification, you are referring to Forsyth, GA, correct? There is a Forsyth in N.C., too.

Just got word Forsyth County (In NC) and Yancey county schools are staying open next week.

The individual school district may want to stay open, but the state has the power to close all districts wether they’re against it or not.

Louisiana will be closing all K-12 schools through April 13. Governor Edwards to have a press conference at 3pm CDT.

What have you heard?
Hmmm.... if this is correct, not sure how I feel about that. Almost sounds like they aren't closing because no case has been linked to schools, so we wait till cases are? Nobody wants schools to close I get that, but they are also like a petri dish

North Carolina is inappropriately conservative when it comes to closing schools. While this decision doesn't affect me personally, It's only time before cases appear in schools. Charlotte is only receiving 3 test kits at a time, at this rate there's already untested cases in our schools.

I spoke with the director of public media at ABSS (Alamance-Burlington school system) in N.C. she said that since the government is not recommended schools be closed, however the superintendent has the final call, that’s why some schools, Orange and Durham have closed.

Back