• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Catch All Dieting Thread

Hey guys.. Did really well with Keto the first time around and lost 40lbs before I got lazy and went back to old habits. Started again Monday this week at 377.8lbs and I’m already down to 371.2lbs.. I took a new job last month that will allow me to pre plan my lunch meals instead of being tempted by what fast food place was off the highway so I’m excited to stick with it this time..
Did the low carb thing (Atkins before it was popular) way back when, lost 50 lbs and once I got into running was able to keep most of it off. Over the years I have gained about 20 of that back, so gave Keto a try, works good.... I just failed miserably with it over the holidays. I'm back at it now though. Good luck!

I've got to change something up.. I work out 5 days a week and I'm not getting the same results as I used to when I was younger
Age is a huge factor unfortunately... also, diet is huge too. I've seen individuals that ran 25-30 miles a week actually gain weight because they didn't alter their diet. You'd be surprised how you can adapt and actually run carrying extra weight... of course it will take a horrendous toll on the body too.

Prob not a option for most people..but I increased my intake of deer meat tenfold. You can easily season ground deer for spaghetti, Chile beans, etc. Down to a few deer loins left and they are good too. If I have to buy ground beef or turkey it’s 93% lean or better..
Watch out for that crazy deer wasting disease thing!

I've got to change something up.. I work out 5 days a week and I'm not getting the same results as I used to when I was younger

Find a good Muay Thai/BJJ gym in your area! Bound to be a few choices in Charlotte. Been training for 25 years......

Hey guys.. Did really well with Keto the first time around and lost 40lbs before I got lazy and went back to old habits. Started again Monday this week at 377.8lbs and I’m already down to 371.2lbs.. I took a new job last month that will allow me to pre plan my lunch meals instead of being tempted by what fast food place was off the highway so I’m excited to stick with it this time..
That's awesome man. It's hard once the years start piling up! Holidays are bad biz for diets. I used to eat whatever and keep the weight gain down by running. Now, gotta run more and eat MUCH better. Good luck!

Find a good Muay Thai/BJJ gym in your area! Bound to be a few choices in Charlotte. Been training for 25 years......
Yeah I've got a friend that does muay thai. Just recently learned about it

Age is a huge factor unfortunately... also, diet is huge too. I've seen individuals that ran 25-30 miles a week actually gain weight because they didn't alter their diet. You'd be surprised how you can adapt and actually run carrying extra weight... of course it will take a horrendous toll on the body too.
Yeah diet would probably be the easiest thing. I travel so much I'm not eating as well for lunch as I used to.

Yeah diet would probably be the easiest thing. I travel so much I'm not eating as well for lunch as I used to.
Eating out makes it very difficult to stay healthy, you have to pay more for healthy options... in fact, shopping for food in general it's more expensive to eat healthy. .99 candy bars right there staring us in the face Lol

Eating out makes it very difficult to stay healthy, you have to pay more for healthy options... in fact, shopping for food in general it's more expensive to eat healthy. .99 candy bars right there staring us in the face Lol
Yeah, and I used to get away with eating anything as long as I worked out but that's beginning to change

Get your T-levels checked.

I started 2018 at 283 lbs. I’m currently at 170-175lb. I began T-therapy in July of 2019. It’s amazing how much better I feel with my T-levels at 500-600 instead of 183 like they were initially. I’m also a one stripe brown belt in BJJ since I saw someone earlier talking about Muay Thai and BJJ. I’m the same size I was when I wrestled in high school. I turn 50 in one month.

Steroids. They are amazing. Healthier then you would think as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I need to see about this. I'm still in shape I just want to get ahead of the Curve.. and I just want to feel good I used to have Boundless Energy.

Yeah I need to see about this. I'm still in shape I just want to get ahead of the Curve.. and I just want to feel good I used to have Boundless Energy.

I would start with Test. Get it checked. My guess you are low. Test is amazing. Also get your estrogen checked as well.

I would start with Test. Get it checked. My guess you are low. Test is amazing. Also get your estrogen checked as well.

A regular doc can too this? Thank ya for the info

Back