• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Catch All Dieting Thread

My case is different since I was a steroid abuser in my teens and 20s so my levels always just jumped and sunk depending on the cycle and post. I don’t do these harsh things anymore since my doctor told me I was slowing killing myself. Also killed my stomach taking orals and killed my heart being on cycles too long. TRT is just test at a low dose either everyday ( micro dose which I do) or once every 6-8 days ( bigger needle). Also take a blocker to keep your estrogen in check. As you get older your test decreases but your estrogen increases. You want those to switch or stay closer together. High E is ok if T is high. You need E for sexual reasons.

I just saw this thread for the first time and read from the beginning. I have my annual checkup soon with my primary physician and definitely going to ask for my T and E levels to be checked. I have symptoms of low T. Thanks for those in this thread that provided that insight.

I’ll be 40 this year and retired from the military recently. I’ve always enjoyed running but have to do it in moderation now to manage health conditions. Back and knee pain if i run too frequent. Did a marathon training program back in 2019 and ran a half at 1:45 but the Hal Higdon training was brutal on my body as I lifted less while following that program. I’ve always floated around 180-205 lbs. I got a peloton back in 2020 and have been loving it but realized back in the fall of 2021 I needed to incorporate more weight lifting and cross training. I try to run once a week, cycle 3 times a week, lift 3 times a week. The peloton has really increased my endurance. When I do run, I can keep it around a 7:30 pace for 4 miles or less. That’s a far cry from my best 2 mile in the military at 12:39 lol, but I’ll take it since that was 10 years ago.

I tend to follow certain principles in diet. Drink only water and coffee. Lots of water and one large coffee in the morning. If sweating a lot, liquid IV is my rehydration drink. Avoid fried foods except maybe once every 1-2 weeks. We cook at home a lot using fresh ingredients, eat out once a week. My wife deserves all the credit for the more complicated recipes. I’ll chop veggies and grill anyday, but she is a gifted cook. We meal plan to ensure variety of meat and vegetables. It does take a lot of commitment to stick to it as it takes a lot of time to cook with all of the demands of us both having full time jobs and two kids. Portion control is important too.

If there are any running, cycling type groups for southernwx, I would be interested in joining or assisting in creating. I think it was mentioned in this thread back in 2020. Maybe use an app like Strava to create a group.

1 thing that helps dramatically ... cut out the white carbs ... go with brown rice, potato skins and not the meat; no white bread (including pizza - there are some really good whole wheat crusts out there (Boboli is my favorite for home made pizza)) ... use whole wheat flour for cooking ... and no white sugar ... raw (brown) sugar ...

Ok so I'm lazy and not gonna go back through this thread although it's probably been mentioned somewhere.

Smart guys/gals that are fitness gurus, help an old guy out.... I've hit 50, I still run several days a week (3-4 days), even been going to the gym 3 days a week, trying to eat better (usually eggs, lean protein for breakfast, homemade salad daily for lunch, dinner varies, ex: ribs and steamed broccoli last night, however, it was KFC the other night lol), I do have a little bit of a sweet tooth and will at times "snack" throughout the day but it's not an over indulgence. Just 2 or 3 years ago, this was no problem, I kept the weight off just fine and no belly fat issues, well with age that has changed, drastically. I've cut back over the last month or 2, increasing my mileage each week (running) and with exception of last week steady routine at the gym but I can't drop a single pound and I'm frustrated with the belly fat crap (it's not horrible but nothing I'm used too)
Anyway, I'm usually not a supplement guy but is there something out there to help with this? My energy level is lower then in recent years and I feel like my metabolism isn't what it once was. I'm sure Lick will pop in here and say "just eat healthy and workout you don't need that crap" lol. But apparently I do, maybe, idk thoughts?
So 5 months later, down 25 lbs and running some of my fastest times in years. Major diet adjustments have had a tremendous positive effect

Where is the dating thread?? I keep seeing this catch all dieting thread, and think it’s the dating thread!? Asking for a friend

Back