• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Catch All Dieting Thread

I can't take melatonin because it does the same thing to me.
Melatonin doesn’t work for me. I’m scared to take anything stronger, like Ambien. Heard you really have crazy dreams with that stuff

Melatonin doesn’t work for me. I’m scared to take anything stronger, like Ambien. Heard you really have crazy dreams with that stuff
What's crazy is I don't have dreams when I take Ambien only when I take melatonin.. Is so many dreams that I wake up every hour, it's too much

Oddly enough, been taking some NyQuil lately after being around some sick people, and that has given me some of the best sleeps in months!

Ok so I'm lazy and not gonna go back through this thread although it's probably been mentioned somewhere.

Smart guys/gals that are fitness gurus, help an old guy out.... I've hit 50, I still run several days a week (3-4 days), even been going to the gym 3 days a week, trying to eat better (usually eggs, lean protein for breakfast, homemade salad daily for lunch, dinner varies, ex: ribs and steamed broccoli last night, however, it was KFC the other night lol), I do have a little bit of a sweet tooth and will at times "snack" throughout the day but it's not an over indulgence. Just 2 or 3 years ago, this was no problem, I kept the weight off just fine and no belly fat issues, well with age that has changed, drastically. I've cut back over the last month or 2, increasing my mileage each week (running) and with exception of last week steady routine at the gym but I can't drop a single pound and I'm frustrated with the belly fat crap (it's not horrible but nothing I'm used too)
Anyway, I'm usually not a supplement guy but is there something out there to help with this? My energy level is lower then in recent years and I feel like my metabolism isn't what it once was. I'm sure Lick will pop in here and say "just eat healthy and workout you don't need that crap" lol. But apparently I do, maybe, idk thoughts?

Ok so I'm lazy and not gonna go back through this thread although it's probably been mentioned somewhere.

Smart guys/gals that are fitness gurus, help an old guy out.... I've hit 50, I still run several days a week (3-4 days), even been going to the gym 3 days a week, trying to eat better (usually eggs, lean protein for breakfast, homemade salad daily for lunch, dinner varies, ex: ribs and steamed broccoli last night, however, it was KFC the other night lol), I do have a little bit of a sweet tooth and will at times "snack" throughout the day but it's not an over indulgence. Just 2 or 3 years ago, this was no problem, I kept the weight off just fine and no belly fat issues, well with age that has changed, drastically. I've cut back over the last month or 2, increasing my mileage each week (running) and with exception of last week steady routine at the gym but I can't drop a single pound and I'm frustrated with the belly fat crap (it's not horrible but nothing I'm used too)
Anyway, I'm usually not a supplement guy but is there something out there to help with this? My energy level is lower then in recent years and I feel like my metabolism isn't what it once was. I'm sure Lick will pop in here and say "just eat healthy and workout you don't need that crap" lol. But apparently I do, maybe, idk thoughts?
TRT time . Nosnow and bham are the TRT experts .

There are different options available, but if you got an increase in testosterone it would cut down on your belly fat. There's natural ways to increase testosterone not just test injections.

Long distance running is test killer I believe . Sprints and exercise with short burst of power ( squats ) really help naturally elevate test. Would have to do research more though I could be wrong on the long distance thing . Don’t stop running though.

Go get your testosterone tested. That’s the 1st step.

Probably need thisback-to-the-future-time-machine.gif

I’m my 20s my test was around 800-1000ng. 2 years ago I was down under 300ng, on trt now and I’m up to 1000-1200ng. It’s fantastic and healthy.
Was 321 last year and I've been taking clomid four times a week and now I am over 950 and I've lost about 7% body fat.

Back