• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Caperil 2021

31. Whoever was on here yesterday saying they doubt we even make it to the upper 30’s, do not play the lottery this week. You were way off
I said I didn’t think we would get below 36-38 because I was banking on the breeze staying up just enough to keep things up. I still only dropped to 34 at my house though the Monroe airport dropped to 30.

I had 34 at my house and 28 a few miles away.
On clear/calm nights you want to be in the lower elevation areas, compared to your surroundings. I'm on a ridge (compared to surroundings) and always a little warmer than most others during these setups. I mentioned Sanford in my other post; it's always a cold spot. Rocky Mount (east of Raleigh) can also come in low sometimes.

But we need more days like these not enough
It's incredibly frustrating to continue to see things frosted off. Like I said yesterday I am not sure if some plants that have been frozen twice now will actually come back they only store so much energy for green up. It's ok though it's holding back all of those mythical 90s we get in April, not sure how having a freeze in April stops summer but this place also told me that having dews verifying a degree or 2 lower than models 72 hours before an event meant it was going to overperform

Yard is black. Awesome. Maybe we will finally have a green up in June if any plants actually come back, what a joke.
Just natures pruning!

Oh my god my grandmas tomatoes, bell pepper, basil, cucumber are shriveled up or just look wilted, she planted those for me since I lived at a place where I can’t plant stuff, damn ?

Back