• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush

Nope more heat. Think we are heading to a top 10 warm September

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah, it looks that way, at least at this preliminary lead. 12z GFS is just brutal (from a 500mb standpoint) through pretty much the end of the run. Highest temps for this area are not much above 90, though. So I guess that's not as bad as it could be. And not much rain to speak of for the most part either. I really do not want to see dry conditions develop through the fall, although a week or two break from all of the rain is fine with me.

Just brutal here this morning. 73 degrees and the a/c isn't working so I was sweating all night. Going to be 62 tonight, which should feel a little better.

This doesn't look to be any fun. Raleigh's average high after mid-September starts to approach upper 70's, can't wait until some cool weather comes.14-km EPS Global North America 5-day Avg T2M Anom 288 (1).png

94 for the high currently 92/72 with a Hi of 100. Probably looking at 95-96 93-94 Friday. We may back down more toward 90 by the weekend into the early to mid part of next week but another push into the 94-96 range looks like by Thursday and Friday of next week

94 for the high currently 92/72 with a Hi of 100. Probably looking at 95-96 93-94 Friday. We may back down more toward 90 by the weekend into the early to mid part of next week but another push into the 94-96 range looks like by Thursday and Friday of next week

I can hear it and somebody in that one little spot is enjoying the afternoon
5301fb24b34e257e57662f2e56e206d4.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just brutal here this morning. 73 degrees and the a/c isn't working so I was sweating all night. Going to be 62 tonight, which should feel a little better.

I know someone who started college in Upstate NY this week from Austin and they don't have AC at all :eek: Yesterday was brutal apparently

I know someone who started college in Upstate NY this week from Austin and they don't have AC at all :eek: Yesterday was brutal apparently
Sneak-send him or her a cooler full of Lone Star, with a reminder to look back on this weather in January ... LOL

I can hear it and somebody in that one little spot is enjoying the afternoon
5301fb24b34e257e57662f2e56e206d4.gif

Call me crazy but we might have a 24 hour period here where we might have a decent chance at showers and storms. Even with the crazy rainfall from mid July to mid august im starting to see some signs of heat and dry stress on yards around the neighborhood. Day after day of unrelenting sun and highs 90-95 will make quick work of zapping soil moisture

Ok Crazy
Call me crazy but we might have a 24 hour period here where we might have a decent chance at showers and storms. Even with the crazy rainfall from mid July to mid august im starting to see some signs of heat and dry stress on yards around the neighborhood. Day after day of unrelenting sun and highs 90-95 will make quick work of zapping soil moisture

Getting ready to have a good storm roll through. Already had one come through around 11. This one looks to be more intense. Wasn't expecting this tonight.

August 2018 is going to end with almost exactly average temps, since 1870. I'm going to say, without trying to start an argument, that 20-50 years ago, given the same 500 mb pattern, this August would have been BN in temp. AGW made this month close to avg. when it should have been BN. Highest temp all month: 94.

August 2018 is going to end with almost exactly average temps, since 1870. I'm going to say, without trying to start an argument, that 20-50 years ago, given the same 500 mb pattern, this August would have been BN in temp. AGW made this month close to avg. when it should have been BN. Highest temp all month: 94.
I think that's about the same case here. Hasn't hit 90 that much at all except maybe a few days the entire month.

Average for august was 78.4 which was basically normal. Max temp 95.4 min 57.1 total rain 12.52 17 days of 90+

Back