• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

August Rush (1 Viewer)

I predict we will have lightning on the overnight of August 31/morning of Sept 1. Met summer will go out with a bang, literally. Going down to the final buzzer this year

Rush, rush
Hurry, hurry lover, come to me
Rush, rush
I want to see, I want to see you free with me
Rush, rush
I can feel it, I can feel you all through me
Rush, rush
Oh, what you do to me

2 MAJOR forecast busts in the last week or so. First, the big MDT issued over much of Tennessee and Kentucky a week ago... not even a sprinkle within 100 miles of here. And now, 1-2" of rain have been forecast over much of west tennessee for the lat 5-7 days. The verdict? Not a drop... literally. Must be some difficulty recognizing the pattern/atmosphere, but times like these make people say "Meteorology is the only profession that pays you to be wrong 95% of the time." I hate when I hear people say stuff like that.... it's obviously very ignorant. But, these two busts in my region have been pretty significant in a very short period of time.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Seems the sun is out in full force earlier today, some decent CAPE already, PWAT approaching 2"..... see no reason there will not be at least some scattered prolific rain makers again within the next few hours.

Nice summer day on tap here. Maybe some scattered storms this afternoon and evening. Probably hit and miss again. I can't recall the last time we had a real line of storms come through here. These storms are all the pop up variety.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)