• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush

The big wet is turning into the big nothing here. Maybe .25 here since Sunday.
CLT can and has gotten big thunderstorms within a 40 mile radius every day for the last 2 weeks

No storms or rain for me today, and doesn't look like there will be any tonight. I know the mets have to cover their bases, but this talk of widespread storms and rain last week and this week have really busted. It has been very scattered and isolated, just like it always is here with summer storms.

Tornado radar indicated, getting a little to close to me now!

2.35" of rain here today.... I landed from Cali at 650AM this morning and its been raining ever since. Looks like I have got about 3.5-4" or so here at the house with this event thus far from quickly looking at my weather station records. Over the rain... can't wait to get back out to cali for good here soon! lol!

Big time lightning right now. Getting loud. Strong storm to my southwest moving this way. Trying to fall apart on radar so hopefully that’s an indicator that our atmosphere is stable enough to handle this one..hunker down

Edit: Severe T-Storm Warning. Heavy rain. Bigly lightning. People just east of Hwy14 are getting walloped right now

Last edited:
2.60” yesterday, light drizzle now.

Thanks for reporting up there, the radar was steadily full up that way yesterday. How have you temps been this summer so far?

Another Flash Flood Warning. 2cnd one in past 18hrs. Gone from D1 drought to an onslaught this week. From my area back to the west just keep getting trained. Got a perfect feed today setup off the GOM and Atlantic.

Benn raining since I woke up today. Hopefully the rain will leave us starting this weekend.
I hope so too. The sun is supposed to come out by Saturday but I'm hoping it does tomorrow as well. Mowing wet grass is no fun lol.

Back